Well, I've had the bug a few times before and it always reminds me of my BOAT joneses. I've had prolly 10 boats over the years and finally called it quits about 15 years ago (even though I live on a lake). I just finally got over it and haven't had the urge to get another one since. BUT ... the itch to get a motorhome took the place of the boat urges. It comes and goes, but has been rekindled lately and I've been snooping around for the past few months. I found what I "think" is a good deal at an estate sale this weekend. Problem is, it's about 1-1/2 hours out of town and I don't know the people. If it were local, I could probably name my price as I have a VERY close relationship with most of the local estate sale companies and actually work for four of them whenever they're short-handed. Anyway, I don't want to start out with a new $150,000 rig, but I'd rather go used, get my feet wet and decide if it's what I really want to do. I have rented a few times from Good Sam's (I think that was it?) and enjoyed it, but that's been years ago.

Anyway, the one I'm looking at is in excellent condition and carries the usual story. The older couple bought it and never used it. It's a 2011, so it's 10 years old, but only has 13K on the clock. The big negative for me is it's a PHORD ... (a F450 chassis with the V10 Triton motor). I'd prolly rather have diesel, but these days, I think the higher diesel prices and the ridiculous maintenance cost difference almost makes it a fair trade-off going gas. It's a 26-footer and has 3 pull-outs. He's only asking $45K, but I'm gonna walk in with $37,500 in my pocket and ask him if he'll take $35K, but let him talk me out of the extra $2500 if he tries real hard. I could very well drive back home without it (IF I don't get weak and cave, then pull out my checkbook).

motorhome1.jpg

motorhome2.jpg

motorhome3.jpg