It pretty much sucked actually. This thing looked like it had just rolled off the assembly line, BUT had "sitting unused issues". For example, the "new" tires are 10 years old ... I'd drive it home, but would never hit the road with 'em. The interior was like new and didn't appear like he'd ever spent a night in the thing. Open the hood of that big 'ol F450 and it looks brand spankin' new, other than a bit of dust. Heck, it was garage kept it's whole life. My guess is, it was just a toy to him and on any cross country trip, he'd park it in the lot and stay at a hotel. The stove, microwave, etc, had never been used (still had labels on them). I don't know if the fridge had ever been used, but there was no indication it had been. The front (driver & passenger) seats needed reupholstered (kind'a dry rotted?) as well as the sofa. All other soft items, carpet, queen bed, drapes, etc. looked brand new. Theres a tv in the main cabin as well as the bedroom and the remotes are still in their original packaging. I don't believe the bathroom had ever been used as there was still a factory "seal" on the toilet. The Onan 4K generator still had the tape across the gas cap. I think he just thought it was cool to drive and didn't have any intention of "using" it for it's intended purpose ... not unlike 99% of his other toys. I'd had estimates on everything I needed to do, tires, upholstery, fluids/filters, etc. and figured them into the price and it was still $15,000 under book.

But body work? I'm an extremely anal dufus. If my car gets a door ding, I can't sleep at night and am ready to trade it in the next day. I'm not talkin' 'bout the ton of "hunting beaters" I've owned, I mean my personal drivers. Dumb? Maybe, but it's just me. I scratch it, I wanna trade it. The end cap getting ripped off of this thing and him trying to minimalize (maybe out of embarrassment) the whole thing was a 100% deal breaker to me. I do have a motorhome collision repair shop about 10 miles from my house. It's been there for years and has excellent reviews, so I MIGHT be inclined to drop in, show them my pics and see if they can give me a ball-park estimate. I could always fix it, turn it and maybe clear $15-$20K. But, in my younger years, I'd have prolly been all over it, nowadays .... I think I'm just gonna walk away from the whole deal. Heck, I AM retired, right?

Tomorrow is the last day of the sale. I "might" call and if they still have it (which I'm sure they will), I may offer to make that thing go away for measly pocket change ... then again, maybe not. If you can't tell, I'm a little torn and sitting on the fence right now. It's just a coin toss and depends on how I feel tomorrow afternoon. If I had ANY sense, I'd close this book and wrap that thing in duct tape so I wouldn't be tempted to re-open it.