Wow John, all the reviews I've read on the Jayco's praise the quality and workmanship of the interiors. Crap! Now you've gone and thrown sand in the Vaseline.

Yeah, I've had friends and relatives who have always had motorhomes (or campers/trailers) and water leaks seemed to be a constant issue with all of them. They said it's just one of those things you expect form time to time and have to stay on top of. We just spent the weekend with a buddy of mine who set up at a campground about 20 minutes from here. He has a rig he tows and has a big assed Chevy 2500 w/diesel. Half his rig is a big storage area in the back where he hauls a golf cart and misc. crap he needs for his sites. I think I'd rather have the living space and tow a small trailer (ya' GOTS ta' have a golf cart!). I realize, with a motorhome, you end up with a vehicle you can't really use unless you're traveling, but I'd just rather not have to tow a big rig like that. I asked why he didn't just haul his golf cart in the bed of his truck (it's not a 5th wheel), but the dang thing stands 10 frigging feet off the ground and it scared the bejeebers out'ta him trying to load/unload the thing. He does have fold-down bunks in his storage area, so it adds some sleeping room for kids or whatever once he unloads everything. I guess every set-up has its pros and cons, but I personally prefer the "motorhome" set-up.

I also have a few buddies with class A diesel pushers, but I think it's a bit ridiculous having that much money sitting in the driveway. One of my buds has $800,000 tied up in his motorhome. I have to admit, it was nice when I used to go to the NASCAR races with him, but it's a couple bucks out of my price range!