What a frigging maroon!!! I drove up to "buy" that motorhome this morning ... had the cash and a Walther PPKS in my pocket! When I got there, the motorhome was pulled out onto the street "for easier inspection". It was very nice with a few odds & ends that needed to be addressed due to it sitting so long, BUT ... the dude (deceased owner) was a bazillionaire and has 4-5 houses scattered around. One here in Central Florida, one in Miami, one in Colorado and I'm not sure where the others are. He definitely LOVED to spend money and it's apparent he didn't really NEED anything, but he WANTED lots of stuff. That place was stacked from floor to ceiling with tons of cool stuff ... most of it brand new and never even taken out of the packaging. He was definitely a tool freak and must have had every tool known to man ... brand new, never used. Who the "F" needs 750 frigging screwdrivers??? He had 'em! A tool freak could go into sensory overload at this place. Hand tools, electric tools, air tools ... you name it, he had it ... in multiples. One large room in the house was the "electronics room" ... stereos, flat screen tv's, electronics stuff I didn't even know what it was ... piled high, in the boxes. The "music room" ... you name it, it was in there. Fenders, Gibsons and who knows what else? Must'a been 30-40 guitars, 6-8 keyboards, stands, amps, mics ... again, you name it, it was in there. Then there was the "camera room". Between the music room and the camera room, the Lenster would'a had a gooey mess in his shorts after walking around in there. Art? Crapola! It was stacked floor to ceiling. Nice art work, oils, etc, but major tonnage of signed photos of rock/movie stars ... including The Beetles, Hendrix ... oh heck, name a great, he had something signed and could have easily opened his own Hard Rock joint with all the memorabilia. I might add, ALL the art was nicely (and expensively) framed ... most with COA's.

I found out he was some bigwig attorney who somehow managed to remain single all his life and did NOTHING but buy toys! Motorcycles??? A garage full of them, from Harleys to vintage Kawasakis. Harley clothing, leather jackets, boots ... again, name it, he had it ... all still in their original packaging. There must have been 10 Shoei (probably the best made imho) motorcycle helmets, new, in their boxes. He had 20-30 vintage automobiles (most had been pre-sold to collectors), but there were still 5-6 of them left, including a Rolls with 3,500 mi. showing. I talked to a neighbor who said he'd get the "I wants", buy what he wanted, drive it around the block a few times, then would park it and forget about it as he'd move on the the next "I want" on his list. Same with the motorhome I went to purchase ... it's a 2011 with 13,000 miles on it. I was told all those miles were from 3 round-trips from his Florida house to his Colorado house, then he tired of it and it's been parked ever since. I could go on and on, but clearly, this was one crazy estate sale and the guy obviously had more money than he knew what to do with.

But I digress ... back to my "What a frigging maroon" statement above. The dipshit estate sale guy decided to pull the motorhome out onto the street for easier inspection, but instead of moving a couple cars out of the driveway, he decided to drive across the yard. Problem is, there's a shallow ditch running along the street. Now this thing is a 26-foot motorhome that must have about a 12-foot overhang behind the rear wheels! Ummmm, how the "F" do you think you're gonna go off-roading and cross a drainage ditch in a frigging motorhome? Needless to say, he dragged the ass end and lifted the rear wheels off the ground, then had to have a guy in a truck drag him out of the ditch and onto the road. During the process he ripped the whole end cap off the back of the motorhome, which cracked the taillight lens' and folded the ladder in half before it yanked the mounts out of the fiberglass , ripped the trailer (towing package) wiring from under the chassis and I simply didn't have the energy to get on my hands and knees to see if the potable/grey & blackwater tanks survived the journey. The thing looked like it'd been rear-ended by a simi and the end cap was folded up completely across the back and around the sides!

Oh, did I say the bazillionaire had also built a huge garage and this motorhome never even saw the light of day except for the 13,000 miles it was driven? I asked the guy what he wants NOW that he's done his best to destroy an almost pristine motorhome and he mumbled something about an "easy fix" and he'd knock $200 off the price. Ha ha ha ha ha! It's not "just" a bumper ... the whole end cap is one piece ... it's the rear, bedroom wall. Needless to say, I made a 4-1/2 hour round trip for nothing this morning. There are plenty more pics, but just a few here will give you some idea. (The back cap was folded up completely across the rear, but for some reason, I forgot to take a pic of the whole back end). I asked him when he did this and he said about 30-mins. before I drove up! ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!

Needless to say, I wandered around to drool over all the goodies, then got back in the car, Lynn and I went out for a nice lunch and headed back home.

motorhome1.jpg motorhome2.jpg

motorhome3.jpg motorhome4.jpg