Thread: Nice place to visit, but...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    #2 son and his wife lived and worked downtown for 8 years before moving back home. It's a town for young people, they loved it, but when granddaughter #1 came along, they knew it was not a place to raise kids. We would visit them about 3 times a year, go to the Loop for dinner then a play downtown.
    One night we were awaken by gun shots close by their apartment, next morning I asked about them, he said some drunks were out shooting at rats, no big deal.
    In HS we were a 3 hours drive from there, we were known to leave about 5 and return about 3AM, lots of fun spots for us back in the early 60's.
    In HS our Science Class took a field trip to see the Science & Industry Museum , we were done with the visit about 12:30 and our teach said go see Chicago, have lunch and be back to the bus by 4. You can't do that today with a bus load of teenagers,
    Sky, that lake behind you is great for fishing, browns, lakers, about 3 different kinds of salmon, perch, small mouth, walleye are just a few,most require a boat though.
    Congratulations to your daughter and their future.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    I have to agree with you on the food BBP. I'm ruined for regular pizza after having authentic deep dish from one of the more popular restaurants in Chicago. I can't even get excited about a flat crispy crust pizza now.