Thread: There's a definite pattern here.

There's a definite pattern here.

I just searched through the old (related) posts to verify this, but EVERY time these stimulus checks get mailed out, my eBay sales go through the roof! I suppose that's an indication they actually do work ... give people the money and they spend it.

Ha! I could make this a political post by saying the Dems. say we need the money to feed our families and pay our rent, but the Repubs say we need the money to stimulate the economy and help businesses recover. In MY case, the Repubs. seem to be on point!

But seriously, so far, every time the checks go out, my sales numbers explode! And I repeat, EVERY time. Fascinating in a way. Whatever I take in, will be going right back out ... so I guess I'm doing my part to "stimulate"!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

One of my sons works for TMobile in a small town and he said their business exploded when the stimulus checks came out both times. Okies like to talk on the high dollar 5G phones while they’re in line at the food bank.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    I suppose most people think of it as house money... and to be honest I suppose some of that has sneaked into my household as well.

My wife and I wanted to get hardwood floors and I refused to actually get it purchased and installed until we had the money in the bank AND our usual 6 to 8 months of expenses. And we were right there when the first check landed. Now we have saved enough for me to restore my old pickup. Had there been no checks I probably would have waited till next summer. As it is I'll probably not do the drivetrain until next summer but its in the shop June 1 for frame treatment and a new body and bumpers.

So I guess I'm just as guilty as the next guy. I'll admit some of the major purchases moved up. Course I have been driving the same truck for 17 years now...

Will