Thread: Deppity!

Deppity!

I never heard from you, so I’m sure you must have stayed busy while here. Truthfully, we were pretty swamped on this end also. The last I heard, you were to be headed back home yesterday, so check in when you can so we know you made it back ok.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Yeah, I apologize for not getting ahold of you. I had planned on trying to meet up with you when I went up to Sun City Center to visit with my cousin but when the only time she had available to meet was yesterday as we headed out that kind of put the kabosh on getting over to your area.

We had a great time! We went with friends that we have traveled all over the world with (4 continents at last count) and it was the first time we’ve traveled with them and neither couple had kids with them in 22 years. We parked our car on Saturday when we got to Siesta Key and didn’t get back in it until we left Saturday morning. We spent our time lounging on the beach or at the pool during the day and having a few (too many) cocktails at night.

We plan on heading back that way again soon and I will make it a priority to meet up with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

I figured as much and no problem as things were pretty hectic on this end also. Heck, you were on vacation and that’s when you’re supposed to be free of any scheduling obligations anyway. Ha! Ol’ Bubba and his bride used to come down every year and we always made plans to hook up. He finally got too old and worn out to make the annual trip and now stays home so he won’t miss his naps. In all those years, we never did meet up. Hey! Wait a dang minute! I think I’m seeing a pattern here. Maybe youse Yankees just don’t like KFC. We don’t HAVE to meet for dinner.

Anyway, glad to hear you had a nice time and made it home safe and sound. We had a pretty nasty storm roll through here the day you left.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    We were lucky and missed the storm. Just had some rain, but nothing too heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    For you northerners who are sick of KFC, with enough coaxing and whining you can get Thumper to eat somewhere else.