Thread: CPAP Machines and Camping

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

CPAP Machines and Camping

I have to use a cpap machine, so please don't turn this into a debate about alternatives to a cpap machine. What I don't have is a good reliable portable battery to run the machine, hence my camping days came to an abrupt halt. Does anyone have a good recommendation for portable battery or electric source (other than a generator) that can be used for more than a couple nights?

Does it have a on board 12v power connector? They’re spendy but there’s lots of new 12v lithium options out there that are real portable.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    This is what I have, it’s spendy but works good. I have had it last 2 nights without recharging.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/por...t-cpap-battery
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

My buddy has the same issue and this battery will run it for many days. I got one too since we both use them for trolling motors as well They're spendy but using it as my trolling motor battery has been amazing. Instances that would have completely drained both my traditional batteries, this thing only went down 30%. Closest thing to magic I've seen.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Not sure what sort of camping you’re talking about, but if you’re considering hauling a battery and CPAP, I’m sure you’re not backpacking. As everyone has already stated, a decent (read spendy) battery is the way to go, but if you REALLY want to extend your days even more, there are a variety of portable solar panels out there also to keep that bat. charged. I saw one once that looked pretty decent and it folded in half for transporting.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain