Thread: Smokin’ Catfish

Smokin’ Catfish

Who here has had had smoked catfish? Note to Thump: I didn’t say who here has smoked a catfish. So stow it with the how do you keep it lit jokes.

anyway, I’d never heard of smoked catfish and someone I know posted a picture on FB. It looked breaded too. Huh?

Whassup wit dat? Is it good? I love catfish.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I've had it but I'm not particularly crazy about smoked flavor. What I do like is barbecue catfish. Brush a little oil on them and a pinch of salt then lightly brown them in a pan, Pour you favorite bbq sauce over them and cover then simmer until done, serve over rice.

I was reluctant to try it once I did it was surprisingly good.....not fried good but pretty good nonetheless

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I like to cut a big ripe red tomato in half then core it out and smoke it. When it's nearly done put a spoonfull of cream cheese or ricotta (seasoned with garlic and salt) in it and let it cook a little longer. Or if it's a hot day just cook the tomato and when it's done fill it with cold cottage cheese sprinkled with garlic powder

I get NO respect around this joint (no pun intended).
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain