Thread: Critical Race Theory

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I don't know I'm qualified to join this conversation being that I'm an old, opinionated conservative southern white male IE a racist of the highest order. I can remember as a child when a black person wasn't even allowed to come in the grocery store. They would pass a list thru the back door which the grocer would fill then pass the bags out the back door to them. I never thought anything about it, it's just how things were in the early 60's in the south. Our school was integrated in 1971 when I was in the 8th grade. We were scared to death that they would kill all of us. Turns out that they were just as terrified of us. However, our basketball and football teams dramatically improved and that erased all the racial lines that separated us. We had zero racial problems in my four years of school that remained.

Having never been black or Hispanic and having no intention of becoming so, I can't understand what being black or hispanic involves. Having seen inequality I can certainly sympathize with those who have to deal with it. I do understand laziness, irresponsibility, and violence and have no use for any who practice such regardless of race, creed or gender.

having said all that, I'll say this (my own opinion): The law should be color blind but it isn't. The judicial system needs a massive common sense overhaul which is why we need me and Posthole appointed as universal Czar's immediately. Imo, our laws are divided more along economic lines than they are racial. Yelling racism gets people what they want faster. Peace and harmony doesn't sell headlines or garner votes. If we'd ban all the news for 90 days then most of our problems would go away

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar

Critical Race Theory

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    I don't know I'm qualified to join this conversation being that I'm an old, opinionated conservative southern white male IE a racist of the highest order. I can remember as a child when a black person wasn't even allowed to come in the grocery store. They would pass a list thru the back door which the grocer would fill then pass the bags out the back door to them. I never thought anything about it, it's just how things were in the early 60's in the south. Our school was integrated in 1971 when I was in the 8th grade. We were scared to death that they would kill all of us. Turns out that they were just as terrified of us. However, our basketball and football teams dramatically improved and that erased all the racial lines that separated us. We had zero racial problems in my four years of school that remained.

Having never been black or Hispanic and having no intention of becoming so, I can't understand what being black or hispanic involves. Having seen inequality I can certainly sympathize with those who have to deal with it. I do understand laziness, irresponsibility, and violence and have no use for any who practice such regardless of race, creed or gender.

having said all that, I'll say this (my own opinion): The law should be color blind but it isn't. The judicial system needs a massive common sense overhaul which is why we need me and Posthole appointed as universal Czar's immediately. Imo, our laws are divided more along economic lines than they are racial. Yelling racism gets people what they want faster. Peace and harmony doesn't sell headlines or garner votes. If we'd ban all the news for 90 days then most of our problems would go away
    This is one of the better posts I’ve seen on here. I’ll vote you and Posty to be Race Czars any day. I don’t disagree that a lot of the disparity in legal consequences is based on economics and poverty. But, I’ll throw throw this out there for consideration as it compares the poverty rates of whites vs. blacks.

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indi...2:%22asc%22%7D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chicken Dinner; 06-15-2021 at 10:29 AM.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke