Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Critical Race Theory

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Not that you are included in the group, but it seems to me that a lot of the same people who want education reform to be left up to educators are the same people clambering for outside control of police reform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

No, I’m not part of that group. But I do think law Enforcementhas to rethink a lot of stuff or it will get out oftheir control.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Do you have a link to the curriculum - Not a story - but the actual curriculum?

Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    "Jeez, I’m out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur!” - Han Solo

j/k I think you are all brave souls for even attempting to get to the marrow of this issue. [btw Jim I forgot about you and will get that letter out today. Sorry]

A couple things:

A LOT of these types of subjects are intentionally shrouded in confusing language. And many words you find familiar have had their definitions changed.... without regard to historical accuracy. This is by design. You aren't supposed to understand it and demanding clarification will get you hammered with the usual ad hominem.

Legitimate fields of study can be explained to a normal person thru the use of basic language without issue. For example I can walk even a layman thru the 1st or 2nd law of thermodynamics or the gas dynamics in an engine or how the process of flame propogation affects engine performance. I can do this because I'm well versed in these subjects, I have honest intentions, and the field of study is legitimate.

When key terms or concepts can't or won't be defined by proponents of a theory? Be wary. And like the good book says you can judge a tree by its fruit.

Will

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Critical Race Theory:

If a White man is not successful in life it is because he is not smart enough or he did not work hard enough.

If a Black man is not successful in life it is the White man's fault.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Thanks Will. I thought it was just me being dumb that prevented me from making much sense of the various and varied descriptions of what, exactly, CRT actually says. Purposely vague and confusing sounds about right. Perhaps this too shall pass as people understand what is being done to them in pursuit of something (not sure what)?

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I actually think that 99% of the people will never understand anything more than bits of it. It should be publicly debated and let each state decide the issue at the voting booth. The federal government needs to keep their nose out of it, after all isn't that the democratic way?