Well, that’s what surprises me. It comes standard with two, 100 watt panels (wired to upgrade to 600 watts plus a hook-up for an additional portable panel on the ground). I really have no plans to upgrade as I'd most likely use the generator for any boondocking I'd do. But I'm new to all of this, so things may change down the line. I just didn't expect the basic solar set-up I have would maintain the batteries with that sort of draw.

Johnboy, I understand this is a residential style fridge with a compressor, as opposed to the absorption type (I had one of those in my semi) found in most rv's. They're not ideal for boondocking, so that's what surprised me about how long this one kept going on solar only (evidently). As I said, my house batteries still show as fully charged. Like you, I guess technology has passed me by lately. Funny note: My uncle had a large class-A Winnebago years ago and camped in a primitive site for about a week. He had levelers, but was on the side of a mountain with quite a slope and didn't have enough adjustment to get the thing level, but he could live with it the way it was. He had the 3-way (absorption) fridge and it quit cooling. He's a tinkerer and took it apart to see if he could "fix" it. (He wasn't aware those type fridges won't work if they're not level) Of course, he found nothing wrong and put it all back together, but it never worked again after that! I guess his "do it yourselfer skills" bit him in the butt!