Thread: Well, things may get exciting around here.

Well, things may get exciting around here.

As it stands right now, Hurricane Elsa may be coming right over my house. I live just under where the "FL" is on the latest tracking map. (just a hair N.E. of Tampa)

So far, it just looks like a ton of rain, but that track seems to change hourly. I hope it stays way off the coast as it passes by.

elsatrack.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Curious that we can't forecast the direction of a hurricane as it's actually happening but we think we can predict the weather/climate 10 years down the road, doncha think?

Anyway, keep your big noggin down Thump and good luck.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Keep yer powder dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    As it stands right now, Hurricane Elsa may be coming right over my house. I live just under where the "FL" is on the latest tracking map. (just a hair N.E. of Tampa)

So far, it just looks like a ton of rain, but that track seems to change hourly. I hope it stays way off the coast as it passes by.

elsatrack.jpg
    Who says we can’t track where hurricanes are going?

BKB

45B39306-CB66-4E1F-B24A-28C279575920.jpg
    Viva Renaldo!

Ummmm, your old age is really starting to show P-hole ....

I'm assuming you meant to quote Johnboy.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Stay safe Thumper!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Keep that rather sizable head down and stay safe

He’ll be out in the RV with the cats.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Keep us posted, Jumbo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

lol ‘Jumbo’.

Looked at it this morning and he’s most definitely in some heavy bands of weather but the eye looks like it’s headed more for the armpit of Florida so maybe the worse part will miss him and his pussy cats.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Yep, we pretty much dodged a bullet. The eye more or less just followed the coastline and stayed off-shore, but will cross the state north of us. We've had over 5" of rain since yesterday with more bands coming through today, but Lynn and I both slept through the worst of it last night. I walked around the house this morning and it's pretty wet, but nothing more than twigs and leaves in the yard from the wind gusts. TBH, we needed some rain as the lake levels have been a bit low lately, but we just don't need it all at one time. All is well here. Thanks for the concern.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Glad to hear you dodged the bullet.

Good to hear it, Jim!
    Which I’ve been meaning to ask, are you keeping your RV at home or in a storage place? Wondering how long before you build one of those rv carport type shelter deals. Hail happens too down your way!
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Yep, right now it’s in the driveway. Although I have the motorhome, Lynn’s SUV and our tow car in the driveway, I still probably have space for 2-4 more cars, not counting a large area beside the driveway where the motor home or 2-3 more cars would fit. Luckily, I have plenty of space here. I also have a large RV gate on the side of the house which gives me access to the back of the house where I have my trailer as well as my uncle’s trailer, pick-up and car stored. I have room for probably 50 vehicles in the back, including the 2 large storage sheds on the property, plus it’s all enclosed by privacy fencing. Right now, I’m keeping it in the driveway because it’s on concrete instead of grass in the back. I have a big place here, so it’s not really a problem. Ideally, yes, I’d love to build one of those large carport type thingies in the back, but that’s low on the priority list. I’m in a private subdivision on a cul-de-sac and we’ve had zero crime in the neighborhood (been here 32 years), so security isn’t an issue. My brother in California is jealous. His motor home is a van with no slide-outs and he pays $350/month for storage. That would be a deal breaker for me!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Ya, I have to drop $290/month here. RVs need to be something of a passion / want to stay in....They will never pencil out RV vs Hotel. .... I get 8/mpg, if we stay in an RV park it can be anywhere from $20-50...

The worst part though is I hate concerts, but the wife booked us a spot out the Gorge with RV parking at the Terrace.....it overlooks the Gorge but its the price of a 5-star hotel...and I have to go to a concert she said

I’d recommend that you smile while attending that concert too.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    The years we were into RV'ing we had a 30' 5th wheel, then a 28' Travel Trailer. Both fit in our driveway where the kids BB Court was, I had a 30amp outlet installed outside the garage and a water bib so we could have the units livable if needed.
    Just did not like the looks of those things in front of the house, our subdivision has no rules about RV and Boat storage but it's sort of an unwritten rule that you don't.
    Friend of mine built a 20 unit Condo Storage Unit that I did the drawings for, used my fee to buy one 20' x 40' with a 12x12 overhead door and 14' tall walls, was able to store my RV's in there along with my summer car and my son's Wrangler .
    Gave each of the kids a key to the unit and it filled up fast with all sorts of things.
    Right now it stores my boat with room for my summer car and son's Jeep, and a ton of stuff from the other 3 families.
    Amazing how fast a storage unit can fill up with stuff that doesn't get moved for years, guess it's easier to store it than through it way.
    I guess the good thing is that in the 10 years I've had it it's doubled in price should I decide to sell it, but for now it'll be left to the kids.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Just did not like the looks of those things in front of the house, our subdivision has no rules about RV and Boat storage but it's sort of an unwritten rule that you don't.
    Know what you mean, but our RV looks better than our house ... and cost more too!

Yeah, I've been here 32 years and barely remember the HOA rules, but they are VERY loosely enforced as it's a pretty close neighborhood and nobody really does anything that would be terribly distasteful. Since we live on a lake and the small subdivision has a private boat ramp, boats in the driveways are pretty common. There are also quite a few campers and motor homes, but no trashy units. I do remember something in the HOA rules about no trucks over 1-1/2 tons being allowed in front of a house and something about "work trucks", but I've never known the rules to be enforced. Heck, there was about a 6-month stretch I was bringing my Freightliner semi tractor home on the weekends and parking in the driveway. Can't get much more redneck than that, but nobody complained. Besides, I live at the end of a cul-de-sac with only 3 houses on it, so I'm pretty well hidden anyway.

I am considering installing a 30-amp. service in the front and back. I have 20-amps out there now, so I can run everything but the a/c. Actually, I could run the a/c, but would probably trip the breaker if I used much else with the a/c on. Haven't tried it and probably won't. I'll eventually keep it in the back, but I'm gonna need to remove a tree in the front yard first. Anything else I own, I have no problem pulling through the yard through the rv gate, but with the height of this thing, I'll have to do some tree work to get it through. So, for now, it's in the driveway and tree removal is low on my priority list.