A month or so ago, I had just parked at Wally World and noticed the car in front of me had a front license plate with an image of our old military unit's patch on it. We jokingly called ourselves "Lightning Fast Chicken Fuckers". The driver was just returning to his car and I asked about his LFCF plate.

lightning fast chicken.jpg

Well, after chatting a bit, we discovered we actually worked some of the same missions, at the same time, but had a different base of operations. We also laughed about how the recruiters back in the day used to hook us in by informing us our unit does not get sent to Vietnam! That was a bit of a stretch, but since our units worked under cover names, they weren't "technically" lying. It was always a joke within the agency. Well, we had like a mini-reunion in the Wally World parking lot and I eventually asked him where he got his plate. He told me he had simply bought it on-line. I thought I might get a plate myself in case it's spotted by someone else that may have been in our unit (it's a small world sometimes). While searching the net for our old unit patch, I came across this one. It reminded me of how difficult it was to get on the VA's Agent Orange Registry because I had a problem documenting exposure ... since not all of our missions or locations were documented. I could not prove I was there, but they could not prove I was NOT. It was a battle for a while until I was finally able to locate some documentation that confirmed exposure. Well, while searching for a "lightning fast chicken fucker" plate, I ran across this patch (also available as a decal) with our unit patches incorporated within and it reminded me of the battle I had with the VA proving my duty locations. I don't think I'll get one, but it does explain the A/O situation and why I had a problem proving where I was exposed! I mean, I was there .... but not really .... but I really was!

old spooks and spies 2.jpg