Thread: College football is just around the corner and

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    https://www.hogville.net/2021/07/26/...ent-7-26-2021/

This is a video by Mike Irwin who has been covering the Razorbacks for 30+ years and he gives some insight into why he thinks this is happening. It answers some questions about not only the merger but also Covid and the 2021 football season

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    https://www.hogville.net/2021/07/26/...ent-7-26-2021/

This is a video by Mike Irwin who has been covering the Razorbacks for 30+ years and he gives some insight into why he thinks this is happening. It answers some questions about not only the merger but also Covid and the 2021 football season
    I think Mike has it pretty much spot on, except for the part about OU and Texas not being as competitive as Auburn and Alabama. Let’s settle that part in the games. His discussion on rivalries it creates was spot on, and I really can’t wait to seehow that pans out. I have family members that might blackball me from the family though.

He’s right, most hog fans these days don’t remember what it was like being the only non-Texas school inthe conference and how hated the Whorns are in Arkansas and why.
    BKB

and on edit, thewre was part of what he said that sticks in my craw. He talked about how freeing it would be to Arkansas to not have to adhere to rules that the mid majors get input on. He used the example of Loouisianna Tech voting against a third assistant in baseball Arkansas wanted just because theycouldn’t afford it. That is the righteous bullshit that gets me. A ‘have’ complaining about having to dither with the ‘have nots’.
    B
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I think Mike has it pretty much spot on, except for the part about OU and Texas not being as competitive as Auburn and Alabama. Let’s settle that part in the games. His discussion on rivalries it creates was spot on, and I really can’t wait to seehow that pans out. I have family members that might blackball me from the family though.
    BKB B

I agree you on about the competitive part. If I remember right, Mizzou and A&M were just supposed to be so much cannon fodder when they came in too and we see how that's all worked out