Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: College football is just around the corner and

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Well, he is a SEC and Arkansas homer but not to the extent of Duke Vitale or Paul Finebaum.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I think Mike has it pretty much spot on, except for the part about OU and Texas not being as competitive as Auburn and Alabama. Let’s settle that part in the games. His discussion on rivalries it creates was spot on, and I really can’t wait to seehow that pans out. I have family members that might blackball me from the family though.
    BKB B

I agree you on about the competitive part. If I remember right, Mizzou and A&M were just supposed to be so much cannon fodder when they came in too and we see how that's all worked out

If you think about it, the Hateful Eight remaining members of the Big IIX combined with the ACC would make one helluva good basketball league. And not all that bad in football.

I also think the ‘new’ SEC will need to alternate championship game sites, maybe with JerryWorld to avoid a recruiting advantage of having it in Atlanta every year. An every other year game in Dallas would really help recruiting in all the western wing of the new conference.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

One thing for certain, old Bob ‘No Horns Down’ Bowlsby is mad as a wet hen. I suppose he’ll get glad in the same pants he got mad in.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I can see Kansas st and Iowa st ending up in the Big 10 and maybe even Kansas because of their basketball program. WVU will probably go to the ACC which is where they should have been all along. Baylor, TCU, Taco Tech and Okie St would be attractive to the PAC 10 if they can meet the academic standards.

Or maybe the MAC will swallow up the PAC 10 and the Big 12 remainders and become a power conference. We really don't know what will happen at this point

Just my two cents

The PAC 12 is interesting because the conference wholly owns the PAC12 network.Fox owns 49% of the B1G network. Different dynamics at work there in those situations. To make a pitch they’ll have to up their game to provide good coverage in those states. That moght mean giving up some equity. I look more for a mid major conference to make a major movevto become a player at the big table.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Arkansas will never leave the SEC but I wish they'd jump to what's left of the Big 12. We'll never be nothing more than a middle of the pack team in the SEC and that's on the good years. Big 12 would be a natural fit but far too much money to leave where we're at

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Everybody assumes the Mountaineers go to the ACC and from the on the field and court perspective it makes a lot of sense. But, it doesn’t add much in the way of eyeballs and viewers in big markets. $$ is what’s driving all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

It's going to be difficult for the Big 12 to survive this but not impossible. Which of the "Group of 5" do you see as being the biggest beneficiary if the Big 12 does split?

Personally, I think the AAC (American Athletic Conference) without a doubt is the most attractive for Big 12 exiles. Houston, Cincinnati and Memphis have large potential viewing audiences

Or maybe, the Big 12 could lure some of them
    Last edited by quercus alba; 07-30-2021 at 11:23 AM.