Thread: T100

T100

Was on our way down for my daughter’s second to last chemo infussion this morning and got passed on the highway like we werestanding still. Did a doubletake and it was a Yota T100. I thought all of those were recycled into beer cans years ago. Underpowered so it must have got a big run on me to pass me like that!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

My neighbor still has one that he had when he moved here about 25 years ago. The last I asked, it had over 250,000 miles on it and still going strong. That was when Toyota dipped their toes into the water to slide into the full-sized truck market. I think they designated the T100 as "mid-sized" and was the precursor to your Tundra.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Yep, those first models of Tundras look a lot like the Tacomas do now.

I wonder if Toyotas plans for a diesel model will go forward now that EVs are all the rage with manufacturers? They really don’t have a dog in the fight at the Superduty or 2500/3500 evels of GM.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Don't know. I kind'a followed their developments for a while, but lost interest because it wasn't anything that I'd planned on dealing with. I had no need for a diesel or any desire to own one. How things change! Now here I am with a danged diesel Mercedes in the driveway.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I think they have a diesel over seas. Not sure if it’s full size though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Ironically, I’m sitting in the local Toyota showroom as we speak. I normally don’t lease, but we tried leasing when we bought Lynn’s last car. We love the car, but not crazy about leasing, so we’re here now buying it off lease. It’s low mileage so I’m not going to walk away from the equity.