Thread: I'll never understand it ....

I'll never understand it ....

We've always had excellent credit and I work hard to keep it that way. I pay our bills FIRST ... then buy groceries IF there's anything left over. It's just the way I am (and it shows in our FICO scores).

We became debt free in February (paid off the mortgage) and my FICO score actually dropped! WTF? It was extremely high when I OWED money, but dropped once I did NOT owe money!

Well, I just bought a dang motorhome for more than what I paid for my frigging HOUSE and my FICO score jumped UP by 8 points! Last week we bought Lynn's car and I just checked her score, it jumped UP by 4 points just last night!

We became debt free a couple months ago and our score dropped, but now have $180,000 of debt and our combined FICO scores immediately jumped UP by 12 points ... and will probably climb a bit more once we make a few on-time payments.

It's a WEIRD system IMHO.

Yeah, I know ... the debt-free high sure didn't last long.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    After purchasing that high dollar cat hauler your score should be through the roof.

The pot calling the kettle black…..
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    High-dollared cat hauler = Too funny!