Thread: Streaming question

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

Streaming question

I've read all the online comparisons but I want some info from a real live person. Ginger or Mary Ann? Kirk or Picard? Mostly tho I need some info on Roku and Firestick?

I'm going one or the other just not sure which. Any input would be appreciated

IMO, Mary Ann of course and Kirk would beat Picard at 3D chess first then knock him down with a jump kick before strangling him barehanded

How well you will like streamingwill depend on two things:

How good is your internet? And one sizedefinitely doesn’t fit all. My son has about 30M and streams just fine. But he lives alone and has only one or two devices connected to his source. At my house we have a gigabit of bandwidth and it works. But 500 meg didn’t work because of data upload limits from our carrier? Why all thebandwidth? We have fitbits, watches, phones, security cameras, computers, tablets, tvs, firesticks, all sorts of bullshot connected. So basically, you need to experiment a bit with what you’re paying for/getting. I am thinking whenthey get some more birds up I may try Starlink. Best value out thereright now if you have access.

Second, how good is the processor on your tv? If its an older model smart tv, it may not be fast enough for the content they push these days. If your smart tv doesn’thave the butt in its britches to stream what you like, you can add a Roku or Firestick to handle all of the processing and just use your tv as a monitor. I have a Firestick 4k and it works great. Plus we’re prime members already so Prime stuff on Firestick is free.

So…..one size don’t fit all. But I wouldn’t go back to cable for all thetea in china. We’re saving about $100 a month for streaming and when my daughter’s treatments are done and she moves back out we’ll drop back to 500M and save another $60.

Maybe you should let your wife handle it.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    My wife? surely you jest. You don't think a woman that can make those kind of decisions would be caught dead with me do you? It appears it's going to be firestick because I'm an Amazonian

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Bought a Roku and sent it back because I couldn't get Prime. Not sure if that's still the case but the Firestick I replaced it with works great.