This morning at 0530, my usual rising time, I heard a racket in the kitchen as I was sitting on the edge of the bed pulling on my britches. So I hurried in there to find a baby rabbit loose and running here and there. Harley, the husky, thought I might take it away from him so he grabbed it and wouldn’t drop it for anything. So I booted him out the back door. River, the husky, and Maya the springer ran right out behind them. Good riddance. Then I heard Harley come back in through the pet door in the mud room so I had to run back and lock that thing. Finally got my coffee and went outside to see what was going on. The sprinklers had come on and its hot as can be even at 0530 so they all had a good time. I finally let them back in the house an hour or so ago. This winter’s score is three possums, two baby squirrels (barfed up on the sofa), two cardinal babies, one dove baby, and now a rabbit.
It also happens to be the second anniversary of when we got word that these two pups had been found with an abandonded litter when someone moved out in the night to avoid paying rent they owed. We were floating the Current River in Missouri that weekend and when julie got the message about them from our son she said we’ll take ‘em. So we took ‘em. This is the pic he sent her.
4CF91A52-0EA3-4B69-9952-B5175A3E4D63.jpg

Yep, we’re dog people. Prolly THOSE kinds of dog people, too in case you were wondering. No painted toenails or weiner dogs. Just regular dog people. They should have initials like lgtbq or something for weiner dog people.

Since I met Julie we’ve always had springers. Three generations of them now. We did have a husky that came to us grown that died of cancer. These two are the first huskies we’ve raised from pups. Lemme tell you, they aren’t regular dogs. They’re busy, into everything, stubborn as hell and difficult to train, theydig holes, they chew stuff up, they’re just a real handful. Times two for these sibliings. River and Harley. This morning is nothing.The prey drive is amazing in these dogs. They team up and work together like velociraptors. Their ears are like radar dishes. They can see like Superman and they can smell like sharks. Amazing animals.

Anyways, I’m bragging. Maybe in five years or so they’ll settle down. But inspite of all that, they’re really really good dogs.
BKB

9AB7AD15-2AB2-442A-B9D4-52C7F85DE6E4.jpg

9B47D9F2-47B3-4727-AEAB-D188F8FBE81C.jpg

7CA3DE66-5840-4FEF-98AC-7B4DFCEB8094.jpg

32A4B5E7-BB15-49C8-AEA5-797FD256C6A5.jpg

A5A8DBAE-97EF-466C-8A0C-C1F3C7A51298.jpg