Thread: Is this country raising a bunch of snowflakes?

Is this country raising a bunch of snowflakes?

I know what I "should" do ... and that would be to take an "understanding" attitude, but ... on the other hand, I guess I'm a bit of an asshole, so shoot me.

Simone Biles just bailed out right in the middle of the Olympics after a lackluster performance on one of her sets. She was "stressed", so she simply quit, completely bailed out of the Olympics ... leaving her team to be beaten by Russia. WTF? Ok, the bleeding hearts can roll with the "mental health" issue and pamper her with the "you poor baby" or the "I feel your pain" b/s, but ... awwww, never mind, if I rant any more I'll be branded as a cold-heated jerk-off. She's been coddled and groomed for this her whole life. If she had a problem with it, why didn't she bail years ago instead of hanging her team out to dry? I always picture an 18-year old kid in the military, in the middle of a firefight, walking off the battlefield saying he's stressed and doesn't want to play Army any more! Give me a frigging break snowflake! Biles did nothing but let her teammates down during probably the most important event in their lives. If she had pulled this pussy bullshit in the military, her teammates wouldn't just lose a medal, they could lose their frigging lives!

That brings me to Naomi Osaka. Same deal. She walks out in the middle of the French open 'cause she's "stressed". Of course, she's also given up her U.S. citizenship in order to represent Japan in the Olympics, so they sure got fucked in the process. But, if she's "Japanese" and was to represent Japan, why would I throw her into the "snowflake" category? Because she ain't no more Japanese than you or me other than appearance, but has been in snowflake country since she was 3-years old, starting in New York as a kid then moving to South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area where the Yankee snowflakes spend their winters, then retire). Oh well, she lives in Beverly-fucking-Hills now ... so I suppose she's nothing but a product of her environment and the "mental health" crowd will make heroes out of them.

Rant over.

P-hole's response in 1 .... 2 .... 3 ................
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

That’s okay, she will get a participation trophy and then you can bitch and kavetch about that..

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Meh. They’re both tougher than any of us on our best day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

It's their frigging JOB to be tougher than us.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain