Lynn and I were out last night and came home to a hot house! It seems the a/c decided to crap out. It's been HOT down here lately (mid-90's) and I seriously thought about spending the night in the motorhome, but I haven't had a 30-amp service installed outside yet. Right now, all my outside outlets are 15-amp (maybe 20?, not sure), so it'll run most everything in the motorhome EXCEPT the a/c. It would "probably" run ok, the big challenge would be when the compressor kicks in and that surge would most likely pop the circuit breaker in the house, plus I probably wouldn't get away with running much else inside the coach even if the a/c powered up ok. The only other option was to run the generator all night, but I'm not sure how much the neighbors would appreciate that. Of course, I have great neighbors and all their windows would be closed with their a/c on anyway, so I seriously doubt there'd be any complaints. But, we managed to sleep ok with a fan next to the bed.

My a/c guy has been a personal friend for the past 30 years, but last November (kind'a like Cappy) he passed away suddenly and unexpectedly at a relatively young age. So, after all those years, I have somebody I don't know, headed here to see if he can screw me over. We'll see. I didn't mention anything to him but I've already diagnosed the unit and know what the problem is. On my old unit, I'd have gone ahead and fixed it myself, but this one is still under it's factory warranty (it's 3-1/2 years old). I guess I should tell them that up front, but this will be a test to see if they will ever be called out again.