Ha ha ha ha! My bad! How many times have I heard, "READ THE FINE PRINT???"

My a/c was fixed yesterday ... "under warranty". I just received a bill for $190.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lemme see here ....

A/C Service Call - $80
A/C Tune Up - $75
A/C Capacitor - $35
Total - $190

WTF? I called the repair company and stated the a/c was under warranty. They agreed. So, I asked what all those charges were. The Service call was just that ... they charge $80 to come to the house! Well, what options do I have? Bring the unit to you??!!

A/C Tune Up ... basically just a regular service. That was done in order to keep my "warranty" valid!

Ok, that brings us to the capacitor. That's something I always took care of myself on my old unit ... they're usually good for 3-4 years and I've prolly replaced 5 of them in the 32 years I've lived here. But this was a new(er) unit that was still under warranty, so I didn't mess with it .... just called the company who installed it. I asked why I was charged for the capacitor if it's under warranty? Oh, we replaced the capacitor at no charge, the $35 was the labor! (I then read the fine print with a magnifying glass and see the warranty covers PARTS only!)

Ok, I already knew what was wrong with the unit. When I called for service, I told them it appears the start capacitor has taken a shit (unless the compressor is locked up ... highly unlikely). I could have bought a frigging capacitor for $11.95 and replaced it myself in 5-minutes ... possibly even quicker, and been done with it.

Live and learn. What a frigging joke.