Nope, I don’t think it’s dead, but with all the years I spent with GM, I don’t doubt anything in the documentary as far as them trying to bury the things. I just found the film interesting. I’m also curious as to when it came out? It was posted on YouTube a year ago. If I were an urbanite, I’d consider one. My question is, will you see ANYONE driving the same car for 20-30 years? How much does a battery pack cost? Is the car totaled (from a financial standpoint) once the batteries take a shit? Of course, the availability of charging stations (and charge times) would be critical.

That said, Lynn’s brother had been a Toyota (Lexus Division) Engineer for years. They had a pool of cars at the office and the employees (I would assume it was “upper rank” employees) could drive whatever car they wanted. He loved the Hydrogen car and almost always drove one. I rode with him once and it was kind’a cool, mostly just because I knew we were running on Hydrogen. The only thing that came out of the exaust was water. He retired recently and STILL drives a Hydrogen powered Toyota. I really don’t even know if he worked some sort of deal with Toyota, or if they’re available to the general public. I asked about fueling stations and that was a problem. He’d full up at work, but knew where other fueling points were. Now that he’s retired, I don’t know where he fuels up, plus Toyota has moved their headquarters from California to Texas (which is what he based his decision to retire on). Of course, he just drives around in L. A. traffic and flies if he goes very far, so that makes a difference.