Thread: Apologies in Advance

Apologies in Advance

I don’t hardly EVER do this, but here goes nothing. This touched me mainly because Walt is my cousin. I know him well enough that. if he felt compelled to do this Go Fund Me deal that he really feels strongly about this person’s safety.

I also feel like somebody needs to hear about this in government, but who? I started a letter to my US Senator, and I think that’s where it belongs but I know they’ll just use it as a political cudgel. Does it do any good to write directly to the pres?

Anyway, here is the link. Whether you decide to donate is your business, and I sincerely don’t want you to feel like I’m pressuring you at all. its still a good story of people who don’t forget those who’ve helped them. Prayers and good vibes are excellent donations too, keep that in mind.

BKB

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-afgh...f+share-flow-1
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    We bitch and moan about the moral and ethical state of the world and a lot of time we come off sounding like a bunch of racists but there are good people here who serve and others who step up and help when needed. It kinda restores your faith in humanity. Looks like the Gofund is rapidly approaching the target and I hope it goes above and beyond what's needed and I wish Mo and all the others like him much success. I'm proud of our little group here, good people. Well, maybe with the exception of Thump and even he is fair to middlin

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Shameful. That we have to resort to Gofundme to rescue people who risked their lives to help and support our troops is shameful. Our respective heads of government could solve this problem with the stroke of a pen but they haven't. No political advantage? It's despicable as well as shameful. Wishing all goes well for 'Mo".

That is damn near unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Checked back and maybe Mo will make it out alive. Sure hope so. My own govt has totally dropped the ball with this (big surprise) and it is the Canadian troops who worked with these guys on the ground that are making any progress in getting them and their families to safety. This should have been figured out BEFORE any pullout and be a big scandal now but it won't be.

I’m not sure why the people employed under a MOU arre treated differently than the ones under contract. The last number I heard of Afghanis we were pullling out and giving special visas were around 2500. I haven’t heard how many were employed like Mo was.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I’m not certain but this might be the break they were looking for. We sure need to do right by these people.
    BKB

https://www.axios.com/afghan-refugee...e28fb20b2.html
    Viva Renaldo!