Covid is going crazy here in Oklahoma. ICUs are getting fuller every day and hospital staff that carre for covid patients are battle weary and there are now shortages of personnel. Peopple in ICUs are begging to be given the vaccine even as they are being intubated. There was a story on the news last night from a doctor saying he was being cussed out as he was intubating someone who claimed they, the hospital, were getting paid a bunch of money for every covid patient.
And in spite of prertty clear data about covid, people say ‘the messaging on masks isn’t consistent’ so they don’t use the common sense that they claim they have to make that independent decision.

I understand vaccine reluctance. I got a BAD case of the flu in the 70’s from a flu vaccine I got in the Air Force. Of course in those days, the military was the CDC testing ground for vaccines before they went public. But mistrust is acceptable, its warranted, and its probably even healthy to an extent. But if you haven’t got a shot yet, don’t blame government mistrust. Its all around you. Its like fucking smallpox. The odds of serious disease, infection, and long term problems aren’t the same as they were when this started.

And get this, becuse I’m vaccinated I have a less than 1% chance of a breakthrough infection and even less than that for serious illness. And yet I’m being asked to wear a mask in public to protect the unvaccinated.

Sorry, but this is getting old. Its time to ‘carry the stragglers and shoot the survivors’. Not literally shoot, but its time to leave them behind. If you don’t want a shot, fine by me. I’m done though with the bullshit. Your call, your consequence. Its still stupid.

End of rant.

BKB