Thread: Hey Posthead

Hey Posthead

When are you heading to Canuckia?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Have they opened the border up yet? The one with Canada, I know the answer for the Southern border.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Not going this year.
    BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

I must’s misremembered something. Seems you mentioned a trip coming up in the near future. I guess I assumed it was Dogtooth. I was also wondering how the border crossings are working these days.

No I couldn’t go this year because of some family commitments and the border opening was dubious so we didn’t make any plans to go.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Yeah, coincidentally, I just received this in my morning email. (It's from an RV newsletter I'm subscribed to.) The border still sounds a bit sketchy.

Not clear sailing yet at Canadian border.

If you’re thinking of pointing your RV north next week when the Canadian border opens up again for non-essential travel, you might want to stay tuned to the breaking news. Labor issues have several unions set to strike at Canadian airports, land borders and commercial shipping ports, and that could make the usual long lines at the border even longer. More than 9,000 Canada Border Service Agency employees would be included in the strike. They’ve been working without a contract for more than 3 years. The Canadian border is scheduled to open Monday, August 9, for non-essential travel from the U.S. But only fully vaccinated travelers will be allowed to cross, so have your vax card handy or you won’t be sampling your first plate of poutine.

I predict its going to be a mess at the major crossings like Int’l Falls. Hell, Saturdays are a frigging mess at International Falls

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Yep, when I was playing truck driver, I was one of the few drivers with a valid passport, so they had me crossing the Canuckian border a bazillion times. Add the fact I always had to have the truck x-rayed, the border crossings felt like my home-away-from-home at times. What sucked big weenies was, if my wheels weren't turning, I wasn't getting paid!

My favorite border crossing has always been Baudette, Mn. There is a good restaurant with a great little tackle store right acrossthe parking lot. Wealwayshad to stop and drop a 50 before we crossed.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!