Thread: We’re Lucky

We’re Lucky

Seeiing the images of people panicking to get on the last plane out makes me damn thankful that by the luck of the draw I was born into the country and society that I was.

In spite of Thumper’s complaints about the rest of us we ahve a lot to be thankful for.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I LOVE travelling and enjoy visiting other cultures, but I never fail to count my blessings once I return home to the good ol' US of A. We're totally fubar in a LOT of areas, but we're still the greatest nation on the planet.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    I've always felt the same way after travel, it's always great to be back in the US. We've certainly made a colossal F up of this one (not a political statement we being everyone who's ever touched Afghanistan).

I think the correct term that applies here Hombre is FUBAR.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

It's just Déjà vu for me. Reminds me of April '75.

Well, at least they're well supplied with equipment now ... as usual, we leave enough good shit behind to supply a well-armed Army. Problem is, the "Army" always ends up being the bad guys.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I really don’t hear anyone blaming the military for this. This is a long line of bad judgements and myopic opinions of a place that politicians loved to visit for the photo ops. So they could renew the big military contracts it took to support the war.

Its a shame. Posthole’s postulate in action. There was a LOT of corruption around the edges of that conflict that greased a lot of palms.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!