Thread: Fingers crossed ....

Fingers crossed ....

6 years and 1 month ago, my p/c took a dive and I replaced it with a new one. Last week, that replacement took a dump and I purchased another new unit (just finished setting it up and am on it now). BUT ... I'm worried about the good ol' "planned obsolescence" thing kicking in. 6 years ago, when my p/c crapped out, my laptop crapped out 3 months later. Those were a couple of expenses I could have done without, especially that close together. I just hope history doesn't repeat itself! At least there were no glitches getting this one up and running. Plug & play sure has come a long way since the early days and this one was up and running within about 30-mins. .... if that.

To add insult to injury, my printer crapped out 2 months ago and I bought a new one. Two weeks later, that new printer crapped out and after the HP techs tinkered with it for a while, they determined it was FUBAR and sent a replacement. WTF is going on here? I'm doomed!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Computers are easy to fix Jim....much cheaper too!

Yeah, old Yugos can be fixed too, but to me, they’re just not worth it. I could throw a new power supply in this one and next month the motherboard would crap out, etc. etc. etc.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    well let me know the processor model number before you throw it away! I'll pay you put it in an envelope and ship it.