Thread: Knobs

Knobs

Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I’m with Hombre on this one. Just polished off a bottle of their barrel select rye this
    past weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    I’m with Hombre on this one. Just polished off a bottle of their barrel select rye this
    past weekend.

You left the door open for Kribbs using the words polished and knob in the same sentence

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    You left the door open for Kribbs using the words polished and knob in the same sentence
    Dang! I was getting ready to jump all over that …. until I read your post.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Am I the only person who still uses a brodie knob? I put one on my steering wheel when I bought my truck and wouldn’t be without it now.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

It’s a sign that you’re a true, bonafide Redneck. Does it have a picture of a nekkid lady in it?

No, it’s plain. That would be unprofessional.

I am looking for one for my boat though. That’s a great idea.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    That’s pretty OG, Posty. I haven’t seen anyone use a knuckle buster since my grandfather.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Another knob related topic….
    BKB

A woman visited a plastic surgeon who told her about a new procedure called 'The Knob,' where a small knob is placed at the top of the woman's head and could be turned to tighten up her skin and produce the effect of a brand new face-lift.....Of course, the woman wanted 'The Knob.'

Over the course of the years, the woman tightened the knob, and the effects were wonderful, the woman remained young looking and vibrant.

After fifteen years, the woman returned to the surgeon with two problems.

'All these years, everything has been working just fine. I've had to turn the knob many times and I've always loved the results. But now I've developed two annoying problems.

First, I have these terrible bags under my eyes and the knob won't get rid of them.'

The doctor looked at her closely and said, 'Those aren't bags, those are your tits.'

She said, 'Well, I guess there's no point in asking about the goatee.'
    Viva Renaldo!

Shortly after her procedure, I'd have used it as a "handle".

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    That’s pretty OG, Posty. I haven’t seen anyone use a knuckle buster since my grandfather.
    Just about every car I've ever bought, the first thing I did was to have window tint installed, but back in the day (as in Posty's OG days), I had an uncle who's first "upgrade" on any car he bought, would be a "suicide knob". Until the day he passed away, I don't EVER remember him having a car without the knob. Oh, and BTW, ALL of his had a nekkid lady in 'em ... more of a "pin up" type pic actually, which was typical of that era. (or P-hole's era)

I remember years ago, some states considered making them illegal, but I don't think anything ever came of it. I do know they're illegal on some heavy equipment or commercial trucks, or sumpin' like that. Don't remember persactly, but I think it's an OSHA type thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Just about every car I've ever bought, the first thing I did was to have window tint installed, but back in the day (as in Posty's OG days), I had an uncle who's first "upgrade" on any car he bought, would be a "suicide knob". Until the day he passed away, I don't EVER remember him having a car without the knob. Oh, and BTW, ALL of his had a nekkid lady in 'em ... more of a "pin up" type pic actually, which was typical of that era. (or P-hole's era)

I remember years ago, some states considered making them illegal, but I don't think anything ever came of it. I do know they're illegal on some heavy equipment or commercial trucks, or sumpin' like that. Don't remember persactly, but I think it's an OSHA type thing.
    We had one at home on the steering wheel of our old tricycle type Farmall tractor. The front wheels would grab once in a while and that knob would almost break your wrist. But it was easier to hold onto than that slick ass steering wheel which would almost break your fingers when it did that.

As for my truck, the knob is most comfortable on long trips. I can steer with two fingers and my left hand doesn’t cramp up being in an awkward position ya know. RA is hard on us older guys ya know.
    BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Heck, I do most of my driving with two fingers anyway. Left handed with my arm resting on the window sill or armrest. Or right handed with my arm lying on the console. Ya’ don’t really need the knob for two-finger driving since the advent of power steering ya’ old geezer! Plus, you have no option to change positions on long drives since the knob is secured in one spot.

I CAN relate to the tractor driving though. Those hard plastic steering wheels were a bitch to hang onto once your hands started sweating! And yep, hit a rut and the wheel would swing around so the spokes could snap your fingers off!