(10) BYU at Washington St 3:30 p.m. | FS1
    Coogs 34-21

(11) Tennessee at Alabama 7 p.m. | ESPN
    Bama 40-28

(12) West Virginia at TCU 7:30 p.m. | ESPNU
    Toads 34-30

(13) NC State at Miami 7:30 p.m. | ESPN2
    Pack 31-17
    Last edited by quercus alba; 10-19-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    A few comments:

1. Arkansas has no defense either for or by Odom. 2. Kendal Briles goes brain dead in critical situations, why else would you (a) hand the ball off six yds deep on a 4th and six inches when you've got a 245 lb QB? Football 101 says SNEAK. (b) throw a two yd slant on 3rd and 18. (c) Pass twice out of your own endzone when you've been gashing them with the run all day. (sacked twice, fumble, TD)

3) Spencer Rattler is as good as gone, he's not gonna ride the pine long.

4) Something has to be done about the flopping. Old miss had 17 defensive injury timeouts in the Tennessee game. How about this, if a player cannot get off the field under his own power then he is required to remain out of the game for at least five minutes of game time?

5) Do away with the instant replay, let the call on the field stand. If a ref makes an egregious call and a coach contacts the league then fine the ref for poor job performance.
    Especially on targeting calls. The game needs to be decided on the field and not in the replay booth.

6) Simplify the rules. If Vince Young can play then it's not rocket science. 1100 pages of for a game is about 1099 pages too many.

7) Gary Daniels should be banned from commentating on any mens sports. Also ex-jocks should be required to pass an english literacy test before being put in the broadcast booth.

8) Stephen A Smith is an assclown of the highest order

9) Jimbo Fisher has a $92.63 million buyout. he won't leave for less than that. LSU is looking at around 200 million if they're serious about getting him.

10) James Franklin is an ass, the sooner he becomes insignificant the better CFB will be

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Good to see you’re fully on the Wolfpack bandwagon. I know I’m a fanboy, but I really want to see State do it consistently. Winning at Miami would do that. I’m going with Army over Wake. If I do that every week, eventually I’ll be right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    A few comments:

1. Arkansas has no defense either for or by Odom. 2. Kendal Briles goes brain dead in critical situations, why else would you (a) hand the ball off six yds deep on a 4th and six inches when you've got a 245 lb QB? Football 101 says SNEAK. (b) throw a two yd slant on 3rd and 18. (c) Pass twice out of your own endzone when you've been gashing them with the run all day. (sacked twice, fumble, TD)

3) Spencer Rattler is as good as gone, he's not gonna ride the pine long.

4) Something has to be done about the flopping. Old miss had 17 defensive injury timeouts in the Tennessee game. How about this, if a player cannot get off the field under his own power then he is required to remain out of the game for at least five minutes of game time?

5) Do away with the instant replay, let the call on the field stand. If a ref makes an egregious call and a coach contacts the league then fine the ref for poor job performance.
    Especially on targeting calls. The game needs to be decided on the field and not in the replay booth.

6) Simplify the rules. If Vince Young can play then it's not rocket science. 1100 pages of for a game is about 1099 pages too many.

7) Gary Daniels should be banned from commentating on any mens sports. Also ex-jocks should be required to pass an english literacy test before being put in the broadcast booth.

8) Stephen A Smith is an assclown of the highest order

9) Jimbo Fisher has a $92.63 million buyout. he won't leave for less than that. LSU is looking at around 200 million if they're serious about getting him.

10) James Franklin is an ass, the sooner he becomes insignificant the better CFB will be
    Good list. I’ve been saying #8 for years. On #9, is LSU really an upgrade over A&M? I ask as I really don’t know. Just seems like the Aggies are on the rise and the Tigers, well, just aren’t…

All of the above! And their little dogs too!

Except for K State- Taco Tech. K State has a QB that’s beast. Tech ain’t much punk.Should be Purple Pussies but 13.

BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Good list. I’ve been saying #8 for years. On #9, is LSU really an upgrade over A&M? I ask as I really don’t know. Just seems like the Aggies are on the rise and the Tigers, well, just aren’t…

Easier to recruit Louisiana. A ton of instate talent and LSU is the biggest show in town plus they're convinced they're the best job on the market

CFB week 8

The fact that they’re “convinced” is the issue a lot of fan bases suffer from. It’s sort of like Longhorn fans who think Texas is still relevant.

Last edited by Chicken Dinner; 10-20-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Anytime that prick James Franklin's team gets beat is a good day. Wonder who he'll blame for this loss?
    Last edited by quercus alba; 10-23-2021 at 07:51 PM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I told you that Purdue’s offense can’t score more than 13 points. That Iowa game was definitely a fluke. Can’t believe that win was enough to get them up to 25 in the rankings.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Surprise, surprise! OU just got screwed in the polls in favor of Bama.

Its only a week until November, when stuff starts happening for keeps. Then I’ll start fretting over polls. And the fact that one loss Alabama jumped both undefeated OU and Michigan tells you all you need to know about beauty contests.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!