I'm weird that way also ... I understand the practicality (if needed) but have never been able to get into the 4-door "look" on a pickemup. (I had to laugh at P-hole's "pickemup" comment as my dad always used that term and I adopted it from childhood I guess.) BEAUTIFUL truck and I know from our previous conversations, this has not been a short-term project. The effort, time involved and resulting outcome has obviously been well worth it. I DO NOT understand removing the spare tire mount just to throw the spare in the bed though. I understand the "rust magnet" part, but it just seems totally counter intuitive to me, with the clean look you've accomplished, to add "clutter" (not to mention lost cargo space) in the bed. You appear to be retaining the stock look (which I'm for 100%), so I'm assuming you're not going to an off-road type spare mount in the bed, so I would want the spare "hidden", but maybe that's just me. (?) Sorry buddy, I just don't get that part, but absolutely LOVE the outcome so far.

I know it's still a work in progress, but you've done a beautiful job Willy. Congrats! You have every right to be proud of that one.