Thread: Missed ya, Cap....rabbit tally!!!

Missed ya, Cap....rabbit tally!!!

Bro, you shoulda been here....not a fantastic hunt, but still pretty awesome....between water standing everywhere, the beagles losing the scent trails, and nobody shooting worth a sheeit, we still brought 18 swampers to the skinning rack....and, not a camera in the bunch.

I coulda used your "dead-eye" shooting skills because I swear somebody sneaked into my house, last night, and stole all the lead shot outta my 12 gauge shells!!!

If those little bastages are running left-to-right of me, they beez daid....but, if they are running right-to-left of me, they beez keep on running.
    Southern Gentleman

Man I would have loved to been there. Ended up working on the tractor and going to the hunt club and filling up the corn feeders to keep the hogs eatin'
    I know the feeling of missing them little bunnies. Last Friday I limited out and don't think I missed a shot. The next day I could not hit a rabbit. Finally got a couple but missed several. Guess there are just "on" days and "off" days.
    Our season is going out this week as yours is too. Hopefully I can make it down next year. Thanks for the invite.
    Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

I am a mediocre shotgun shooter. I blame it on being left eye dominant and yet a right handed shooter. I imagine that is why I always preferred a 22 for squirrels and for that matter that's what I hunted for rabbits with as well. For some reason it works better. I can either argue with it or go with it.

I need to buy a good 22 btw. 22...fishing rod.....22 ......fishong rod...... 22........crap.
    BKB

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Most people tend to over lead rabbits, they don't usually run as fast as people think. Of course they don't usually run in a straight line either
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Beagles running rabbits is one of the best races of all of them. Its pretty much an uneven match biut it sure is fun.
    BKB

When we first turned the beagles loose, the first trail they hit was a bobcat....very unusual for my buddy's dogs, as they are very well-trained....that bobcat ran those little beagle's legs off for about an hour....during that time, every hunter got off at least 2 or 3 shots at him....I was the last to shoot at him, and when he came by me, he was doing at least 100 mph thru thick ironwood bushes....three shots, and he never lost stride!!!
    Southern Gentleman

That's ashamed y'all did not get that rabbit eatin, turkey killin' Bastage....
    Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Posthole, #3 has your problem, but at a very young age I taught him to shoot left handed, best thing I ever did, now there is someone in the family I can leave all my LH guns to.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me