Thread: I don’t like little

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Whats all this "tenderizing"??? I want my venison to taste and eat like venison. Not a moo cow...

Now I have done some deer steaks sous vide and *THAT* is the way to go. Cook it to what ever temperature you like then sear it on a red hot piece of steel for a minute
    on each side.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwimc1 View Post
    Whats all this "tenderizing"??? I want my venison to taste and eat like venison. Not a moo cow...

Now I have done some deer steaks sous vide and *THAT* is the way to go. Cook it to what ever temperature you like then sear it on a red hot piece of steel for a minute
    on each side.
    I've gone the sous vide route and nearly ruined a perfectly good ribeye. Us troglodytes much prefer hot grease over luke warm liquid. I guess my palate isn't sophisticated enough for such fancy grub

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    I've gone the sous vide route and nearly ruined a perfectly good ribeye. Us troglodytes much prefer hot grease over luke warm liquid. I guess my palate isn't sophisticated enough for such fancy grub
    Uh... You *DO* know the water is not supposed to touch the meat being cooked, dontcha??? Like in a zip lock bag. Or even better, in a food saver vacuum bag.

Sous vide, finished in a carbon steel skill powered by a turkey fryer propane rig.

steak3.jpg