Thread: Wait, what?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    One thing is sure: Our view of our medical elite has changed (for a lot of people) and it won't unchange.

I have been absolutely convinced for a long time that trust is THE most important thing that holds a society together. What I see around me now is a society unravelling because of a lack of trust in our institutions and "experts". And not because of an overly suspicious citizenry but because those running the nation have proven themselves untrustworthy.

When you have to use the data from other nations to get an honest take on our current condition? With the most expensive and extensively funded health system in the world?

It's a mess.

And while I'm on my soapbox, here's a "year-end summary". IMHO, since vaccines are available to all at no cost, if you're unvaccinated and admitted into the hospital with Covid, you should be held accountable for all your medical costs for being a fucking knucklehead.

Going without a coronavirus vaccine can have an impact on healthcare spending in the US, a Peterson-Kaiser Family Foundation Health System Tracker report on unvaccinated COVID-19 patients found.

Based on their estimates, coronavirus hospitalizations among unvaccinated patients cost $13.8 billion just in the six month timeframe from June 2021 through November 2021.

Why should I have to pay for their dumbassery?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    And while I'm on my soapbox, here's a "year-end summary". IMHO, since vaccines are available to all at no cost, if you're unvaccinated and admitted into the hospital with Covid, you should be held accountable for all your medical costs for being a fucking knucklehead.

Going without a coronavirus vaccine can have an impact on healthcare spending in the US, a Peterson-Kaiser Family Foundation Health System Tracker report on unvaccinated COVID-19 patients found.

Based on their estimates, coronavirus hospitalizations among unvaccinated patients cost $13.8 billion just in the six month timeframe from June 2021 through November 2021.

Why should I have to pay for their dumbassery?
    Then the same applies to the smoker who gets lung cancer, the obese person who has diabetes or a heart problem, the person who gets in a car wreck driving drunk or speeding, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."