Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wait, what?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    90%....

Do you count all those who got covid before the vax was available as unvaxxed cases?

Do you count all of those who catch covid within two weeks of vax or booster as unvaxxed cases?

Do you stop testing those admitted to the hospital if they're vaxxed while counting those admitted WITH covid as being admitted BECAUSE of covid?

All of which was derided as conspiracy theory. All of which was necessary to get that 90% (at the time, now even those tricks won't get you close to 90%). And all of which was later admitted after it became untenable to keep up the facade.

By the time "epidemic of the unvaccinated" was coined it was already a lie. Not a misunderstanding or mistake. A lie. Worse, a politically motivated one.

Other nations have solved this thing and moved on. We're stuck in the vax or die treadmill that leads nowhere. Thank god this thing is about over. But this shitty vaccine we took didn't solve it. A fortunate set of virus mutations did... For a while. It could come back.

We'll see.

As stated above, we can argue this ‘til the cows come home, so I’ll end it now. I’m right, you’re wrong.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

There are lots of examples of public health laws and regulations that require us to take actions. We only push back on this because its political, plain and simple.
    You can’t own a dog here in town without it having rabies vaccinations. Smallpox vaccinations were a requirement as were polio vaccinations. They rounded up people and vaccinated peoplefor smallpox for chrissakes and that was never found unconstitutional.

Its all political. We lost another cop to covid in my town yesterday, who was also the chaplain for the PD. Its hit our local departments hard. Its a damn shame.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar

Wait, what?

So maybe shouldn’t the focus be more on treatments than on vaccine mandates and lockdowns?

The issue of the constitutionality of vaccine mandate was settled in 1905 with Jacobson V. Massachusetts. Of course that case was also the catalyst for the forced sterilization of “idiots” during the height of eugenics in the 1920’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DeputyDog; 01-07-2022 at 02:06 PM.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

So far I’ve heard of at least two states, Florida and Texas, that have ran out of the best lifesaving drugs needed to treat covid, that being the antibody treatments. Pick your poison I guess. I still think an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure as the old saying goes.

But that’s in my universe!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    Of course that case was also the catalyst for the forced sterilization of “idiots” during the height of eugenics in the 1920’s.
    Obviously they missed quite a few and they continued to procreate.

Studies have shown that ivermectin has been effective to reduce the seriousness of Covid but the media has dismissed it as horse paste even though the guy that found that it could be suitable for use in humans won a Nobel prize for the discovery in 2015. Here is a link to the study if anyone cares to read it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8248252/

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Obviously they missed quite a few and they continued to procreate.
    If they hadn’t missed some, Congress would be mostly empty.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    The whole fear thing is what really bothers me. At the end of the day I think we have to live with the consequences of our decisions, and I decided to get vaccinated. That being said not once was I really concerned that if I got it I would die. I'm not that old and I'm in pretty good shape. I got it 2x now and frankly both times were a walk in the park. The first time I was unvacinnated and I had it for a total of 24 hours, ran a temp one night. In fact by the time I got the test back I had 0 symptoms. does it kill people yep, is it likely nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I don't think anyone has ever argued the point that one who has been vaccinated can still contract Covid.
    In the Nova area, they have literally starting a new commercial campaign tearjerker that says "Get the Vaccine because I don't want you to die."

They're doing it with a son and Dad, a couple in love, and a couple of bros.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

I’ve seen billboards with that same message several places in Michigan.

I guess its bad for companies to not hire smokers too, right? I mean lower health care costs and all.

Same freedom/liberty thing, right?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Whataboutisms. Completely unrelated.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    What happened to “My body, my choice”? Or does that only apply to women and abortion
    Yep, it applies to women and abortion. How’s that?

You’re a LEO. Should it apply to seatbelts and motorcycle helmets? Why should I care if you want to kill yourself by not wearing one or the other? Now, speeding, wreckless driving, dwi, etc, are a different story. Ones choice there could end up killing ME! Or my family. The unvaccinated can affect my family and me. THAT is a whole ‘nuther story.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Whataboutisms. Completely unrelated.
    No, you can’t inject some innerwebs bullshit term for comparing one thing to another and asking if this why not this?

And this has many parallels to smoking. We’ve demonized antivaxxers as health risks to the general public, banished them from public spaces, places of employment and public transportation. The exact same thing was done to smokers. In fact we haven’t raised insurance costs yet, but its being discussed. We did that to smokers. The only difference? Some of us saw the light and said okay, I’ll quit. Some didn’t. They’re dying too.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Got a sick kid tonight trying to get a Covid test, seems like everyone here is getting it. This (lack of tests, and covid surge) is the presidents fault right.

It's Bush's fault.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Not sure how I missed this thread but it's a good one!...I just read every post and agree with everyone!

(please debate on) I need a drink!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    No, you can’t inject some innerwebs bullshit term for comparing one thing to another and asking if this why not this?

BKB
    I didn’t get that term from the inter-webs… I got that term from YOU!!!

LOL then you know it has to be BS!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Ha ha ha! Ya' got's ta' love this place.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    I agree Jim. At the same time I'm glad this thing is winding down.

It has shown us some pretty large faults in our society. But since an accurate set of facts and stats are necessary to interpret this mess? We might not be able to even ID them correctly...

But as it stands now? Unless this thing mutates into something like it's older more deadly form? Its over. Just pray you don't get delta while the new one takes over.

Question is how much damage we do to ourselves while we watch it depart. I fear there are some who won't be able to let go. This thing made a lot of money and granted a lot of power to some....

Will

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Freedom of Information Act requests are rarely speedy, but when a group of scientists asked the federal government to share the data it relied upon in licensing Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine, the response went beyond typical bureaucratic foot-dragging.

As in 55 years beyond.

That’s how long the Food & Drug Administration in court papers this week proposes it should be given to review and release the trove of vaccine-related documents responsive to the request. If a federal judge in Texas agrees, plaintiffs Public Health and Medical Professionals for Transparency can expect to see the full record in 2076.

2076?....sounds to me a lot like the JFK assassination papers...

Just saying.