Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Wheels

Administrator

New Wheels

I was feeling a little unsettled. We just sold our place in NJ and moved to the SF Bay area.. Straight from the airport on the way to the inspection of the new house, I stopped at a dealership and picked up my new ride. Decided to treat myself this time. Twin turbo Ferrari engine.

vroom.jpg

I like it when this car goes "Vroom."

I had them install rubber mats to keep deer from bleeding all over the back.
    --Foo

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Love it!....

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Damn, that is nice. 😊

If I ever moved to San Francisco I'd get a green Mustang fastback.... I wouldn't be able to stop myself lol.

Good luck with the move. Hope it goes smoothly.

Will

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Nice wheels, can't read the emblem on the car, is it also a Ferrari ? Have fun out there.
    I get my new wheels in another month, it also has a twin turbo V6, 400HP, can't wait.
    What made you move to SF ? It's not the garden spot it use to be. Do you work for the big IT company there ?
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

So, the minute you arrive on the left coast, you instantly become a Yuppie? Next, you'll be changing your voter registration to "Democrat"?

(nice hoopty!)
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I read where porches were getting ferrari engines. That’s gonna be my guess.

You’ll be making up excuses to run to the store with that thing parked in the garage! And so you can drive by plate glass windows to see how you look in it!

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    what make you think it'll be a change Thump?
    Last edited by quercus alba; 02-03-2022 at 11:25 AM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Maserati

Administrator
    Maserati Levante. Took it up into the mountains and had a blast on the switchbacks. Kelly was white-knuckling it the whole way.

Just got a job at Google. 15 interviews. Getting harder as I get older to get a good gig, so I jumped on the offer when I got it and moved us all out here. Ageism is real, folks..

In any case, Thumpy, I was already issued my coastal liberal elitist ID badge in NJ. It transfers to Commiefornia directly.

JB, what car are you getting?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Sweet ride!

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    what make you think it'll be a change Thump?
    Because I've gotten commode-huggin' drunk with him before. He DEFINITELY drinks like a Republican!

'Course, he's in Frisco, so he may start drinking frou-frou drinks with little umbrellas in 'em now.

Ha ha ha! It just came back to me. We actually closed the bar down and before the employees left, we had the bartender load us up with about elebenty-sebenteen pitchers of beer. They shut the lights off and went home while we continued to get shit-faced. (hotel bar)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Ha ha ha! It just came back to me. We actually closed the bar down and before the employees left, we had the bartender load us up with about elebenty-sebenteen pitchers of beer. They shut the lights off and went home while we continued to get shit-faced. (hotel bar)
    You might have gotten "sailor" confused with "Republican".. I'm only barely to the right of BBP. Maybe not. Still a Libertarian, but one that thinks healthcare should be a thing, particularly in the age of epidemics..

I was not a good friend that night, though, Thumper. If I had my wits about me, I'd have gotten you a room at the hotel.. There is definitely a thing as "too much" and we were about 50 yards beyond that.
    --Foo

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    The first time I met him was for dinner with him and Len and he showed up carrying his own jug of beer around with him. A growler.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Administrator
    Still owe you beers, Posthole!
    --Foo

The first time I met him was for dinner with him and Len and he showed up carrying his own jug of beer around with him. A growler. BKB
    Maybe you're the one who polluted his mind with your political views.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    The first time I met him was for dinner with him and Len and he showed up carrying his own jug of beer around with him. A growler. BKB
    Reminds me of the time I was in D.C. and went drinking with Len, Chessie and Carnivore. They told me where to meet them and to just park in the parking garage across the street from the bar. Of course, we got plastered and somehow ended up in a Thai restaurant next door, where we continued drinking. I can't remember persactly, but I think attrition kicked in somewhere along the line and it finally got down to just Ticboy and me until closing time. Len was parked in the street and after he headed home, I walked across to the parking garage. The damn place was locked up tighter than a witches snatch!!! Big iron mesh style gates and no way to get in OR out! I walked around to the front of the multi-story building the garage was in and all doors were locked! WTF??!! Not a soul to be found anywhere! As I was standing there cussing those NOVA bozos under my breath, I spotted a janitor walking to an office at the rear of the lobby. I started pounding on the door and luckily he heard me. He came to the door, let let me in and we walked through the building and out the back door into the garage. Somehow, we finally figured out how to get the gate open and I got the "F" out'ta there. Of course, by that time, the Lenster was prolly already home in bed ... or still getting chewed out by his (now ex) wife!

Note to anyone out there who may cross paths with that dufe ... don't trust him for a second! He's bad news!

Foo - We'll have to meet up sometime. I have quite a few friends at G and have been at FB/Meta for about 7 years now so I get to the bay quite a bit. Are you in their SF office or Mountain View?

After all the warnings posted here, you still want to meet that dufe? You're a glutton for punishment!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    Foo - We'll have to meet up sometime. I have quite a few friends at G and have been at FB/Meta for about 7 years now so I get to the bay quite a bit. Are you in their SF office or Mountain View?
    I'm at the Sunnyvale office, but that doesn't mean much, since we're not even ALLOWED to go back to the office without a special reason. We moved to Saratoga, which is a pleasant little town.
    Gimme a holler though if you're in the neighborhood. Don't be skeered like Thumpy though, I'm not nearly as bad as when I was younger. Mostly.
    --Foo

Seems like a pattern, Thump. Every time I met up with the NOVA crowd me and Len ended up drinkingdoubles in some dive bar until the wee hours.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Foo, my twin turbo is not as exciting as yours, it's a Lincoln Aviator, just got notice that it'll be ready for pick-up around the first of March, ordered it Dec. 1.
    My son works for Salesforce, who's headquarter are in SF, just a wild guess.
    My fun car is a Jaguar XK Convert, that gives me more excitement than a old man can take.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

I think it's pretty much established P-hole ... Tic is bad news. I tried feedin' him to a big ol' gator when he was down here once, but he was so fugly that gator wouldn't even have anything to do with him.

For "SOME" reason, this all makes me think of ol' Dubber. Now THAT guy could FORCE you to get schnockered and come out of the deal smellin' like a rose and still have the most innocent face you'd ever seen! He was pure evil I tell ya'! (I sure miss that trouble-makin' shithead)

Oh he was a horrible influence. The first I met Teedub was at the Sioux city Iowa airport. We met thereto drive up to go ice fishing with Bassdog and his brothers in Minnesota. His luggabe was a giant hockey bag stuffed full of everything you could imagine. We got in our rental and went immediately to the liquor store. It took us four hours to meander up to Lakefield and its only 90 miles. I’m almost afraid to say how much we consumed. Let’s just say it was another time, another day. But we dropped our stuff off at Bob’s brother’s house and headed to the VFW as soon as we got there. Closed that place down. when we walked into the house TeeDub tripped over that monstrosity of a bag and did a header into a coffee table. He wore a big shiner and a crooked nose the rest of that trip.
    He was one helluva guy and I loved him like a brother. Just a gem.

The WhiskyJack.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    My fun car is a Jaguar XK Convert, that gives me more excitement than a old man can take.
    Now that's a sweet ride, JB!
    --Foo

A few months old but still pretty new

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Is that a ford Ranger Boh? Does it live up to the toughness of the originals? Those trucks were beasts. Beforethey messed them up anyway.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Nope Diesel F250

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    God I love you Fellers!....every time I click is like reading a book!

Let's keep this place alive as long as we can!

Love y'all

Do y'all want to hear the story about the weed I hauled back from Texas in 1984?

(tarp)
    Last edited by airbud7; 02-04-2022 at 02:04 AM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Foo when you come through southern Utah (every Californian does) don't be a stranger. NICE CAR!