Thread: Say what?

Say what?

I'm digging around on Amazon this morning for a small, battery operated fan for the motorhome. Reading the various descriptions of products, I many times wonder why these Chinese companies don't hire translators who have English as their PRIMARY language? It's especially irritating when receiving assembly instructions with a product that turns out to be nothing but gobbletygook! Anyway, here's a fan I was looking at this morning. The whole description was very similar, but instead of pasting the whole thing here, I figured I'd just pull out a couple of "interesting" sentences.

"With built-in hook, it’s also the campers’ good friends that they can used it for camping daytime and daynight with 3 kids of lightness."

"Superior Quality With Zero Strike! Just rest assured, there will be nearly zero strike compared with the similarities, which which are confident about with its advanced heat dissipation and cooling system."

WTF??
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

You don’t sound confident with its advanced heat dissipation.

Don’t most peopleliketheir fans to dissipate coolness instead of heat?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

ps…get a vornado.
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I've got a Chinese built wife and she can dissipate and generate heat with one icy stare
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    ps…get a vornado.
    I've got two of 'em P-hole ... one in the house and one in the motorhome. Excellent fans!

Yep, I wanted a battery operated fan for the motorhome for when we're boondocking without electrical hook-ups. I have solar as well as a generator. The Vornado runs off of 110, so without the generator, I'd be running it off my batteries through the converter .... or is that inverter? I get those two confused. Anyway, it sucks battery power. The one I ordered last night runs off of it's internal battery or USB and is re-charged via USB. The camper types on the blogs swear by this one and out of about 50 people commenting, there was not ONE negative thing said about it. (note: it's NOT the one referenced in my post above!)

A guy on the blog posted a 30% off coupon code, plus Amazon offered a 10% discount + free shipping, so I essentially got it for half price. I'm sure Sleepy Joe will be proud of me.

https://www.amazon.com/Airbition-100...98&sr=8-5&th=1

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    I've got a Chinese built wife and she can dissipate and generate heat with one icy stare
    I think that's a universal FEMALE thing!

I am pretty sure Vornado has some battery powered stuff too. Not sure about how good their battery usage is, but like youwe love our vorando fans went have in the house.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!