Thread: those crazy Catholics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Arty, no Catholics make the Pope a god. If you truly believe that Catholics think the Pope is God, then you don't know much about Catholicism.

Bucky, you said that I can't just dismiss it because I may not like the outcome, but isn't that exactly what you are doing?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Catholic Doctrine teaches that the Pope speaks infallibly if he speaks "Ex Cathedra" (From the Chair). He does that when he makes assertations about doctrine that affects the entire Catholic church. I don't think any Pope has spoken Ex Cathedra in some time.............but I'm not sure.

That is not the same as "being God", though Catholics do believe (many do) that the Pope is "Jesus Christ on Earth"......and Jesus said he was God. So...............

I realize that most Catholics know little about Scripture. This goes back to the Middle Ages when the Catholic Church chained the Bible to the pulpit so the laity (common man) couldn't get to it to read it. This was way after Guttenberg in 1455 of course. I just do NOT need any man, Priest or Preacher, to tell me what it says. I can read. I am required to read it, abide by it, and I will be judged by it, not by what some man tells me it says.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.