Thread: those crazy Catholics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    That's the first step, Niner.

Jesus said in John 15:14 that if we Love Him, we'll keep his commandments. Thus, I conclude He has commandments. If He has 'em, I figure I have to figure out what they are. The only place I know to look is His Word, the Bible. If you disregard His Word entirely, and ignore it, then all the feelings in the world won't do much for you. Acts Chapter 9 talks about the Apostle Paul on his way down a road to do what HE thought was God's work...........killing these Evil Christians (he was a Jew and a teacher and Big Muckety)...........and God struck him down and set him straight. He was of a good conscience, doing what he thought was right.....but God said "Nope, you're doing it wrong". So good conscience isn't enough.

These are hard words for many folks to accept. I know that. I mean no ill will to anyone. But I am under a requirement to tell the Gospel (Good News) to any that I can. I have no other choice.

I know it's seldom accepted. And I pray I don't alienate anyone. And on top of that, I'm a pretty big hypocrite, being the Biggest Sinner that Ever Lived.........and I have little justification to 'preach' to anyone. Yet, I have to, where the opportunity presents itself.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Now... from the perspective of somone who has shot a wedding in every possible religious venue (except a mosque) I can tell you the following as truth based on my first hand experience.

Catholic priests are about 75% assholes.
    Rabbi's and jews are completely wrapped up in their own misery. Move on people.
    Baptists are showmen
    Hindus are welcoming and appreciate outsiders
    Sikhs are nice but there's a quiet racism there
    Born again types are pretty damn cultish

The rest of them are generally the same

There are exceptions to all the above but that's pretty much my truth.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.