I understand all the above, but I don't think I am taking things out of context. I understand the importance of Context. But I am using them in the context that they are supposed to be used in. Just saying "I don't think anyone can use any one verse because it might mean something different in some other context" doesn't get anyone out of understanding what that verse means. And no, you can not just prove anything with any verse. You can't believe just anything you want and then find a bible verse to prove that. No offense in any way, but that is the argument I always get from those that have no clue what's in the Bible, and they aren't about to look.

It is NOT that hard!! Some of it is harder than other parts, but mostly it's just not hard.

I know people read stuff into some verses. And what Hotshot said is very true.......but that makes studying the different verses important! Several Greek words are translated into English "love". But hey, it's not that hard to figure out WHICH one was used in the original language for that verse! Just find a greek concordance. It is easy to find out which word the originals used, and what it meant in that context.

oh never mind.

Odd that this one area seems to make people the maddest to talk about.............and I don't want to make anyone mad, so I'll stop.