Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be good!

Be good!

Got the Winnie all loaded with groceries and a full tank of liquid gold and we’re hittin’ the road for a week of R&R. Catch youse working stiffs later!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Well, we’ve been camped all afternoon and have settled in nicely. Snagged a beautiful spot at a State Park 45-mins. from the house. We’re in a really secluded spot, right on the lake. I’m surrounded by trees and misc. vegetation, so really can’t see my neighbors. We have a nice, super clean, bath house about 20-yards through the trees on one side and a VERY nice, covered dock right behind me. I’ve scoped out a couple of fishing holes off the bank, but will prolly take the easy way out and just set up at the end of the dock. Here’s a shot from the dock. We’re backed up right to the edge of the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be good!

This Tapatalk thing is a pita. Can’t figure out how to post more than one pic at a time.

And here’s the dock right outside my door. Haven’t seen a soul out there all day.

Ok, I think I have the hang of it now. Our bathroom is at the rear of the motorhome. This is my view when taking a leak. Not too shabby. This is facing West, so we can probably look forward to some nice sunsets.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Look nice and relaxing. Enjoy!

Living the good life!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Have a good one, Jimbo!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Be good!

Our camp faces West, so this is what we get in the evenings.

I was down on the dock yesterday afternoon and noticed a gator right beneath me. A nice lady came down with her young son (6-7 years old maybe). They stood there for a while looking out over the lake, then asked me if I’ve ever seen any gators in the lake. (Ha! That’s like asking if there’s any WATER in the lake!) I calmly told her not to be alarmed, but to look down. The gator was like 2’ from their feet. The kid screamed and I’m pretty sure mom shit her drawers! (Must’a been Yankees)

Lynn’s cooking some eggs and I have some kielbasa on the grill. Great way to start the day.

Ha ha ha! I took my old cane pole down the the lake to see if I could catch some lunch. If we had to depend on my fishing skills to eat, we’d be in deep shit. I caught a batch of bream that all looked like twins …. little 5” long bait stealing’ bastages. But, one ol’ boy was a little interested. My gator buddy came cruising by and decided he’d hang out with me, prolly hoping for an easy lunch. Note my bobber at the top of the pic.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I’ve never seen a wild gator in any of my trips to Florida.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Be good!

Deppity, you wouldn’t believe how many times I hear that. I remember the first time I went to Ohio to deer hunt with my soon to become, lifetime hunting partner. I went up a few days before season and we ran around running errands, plus preparing for the hunt. I couldn’t tell you how many times we’d be driving and he’d hit the brakes and holler “DEER”. I’d see him looking out across a field and I wouldn’t see a danged thing! He’d describe where they are and I’d eventually spot them. Without him, I’d have returned home saying I’ve never seen a deer up there.

I’ve known people who’ve lived here all their lives and have never seen a gator in the wild, but I could tell them I could take them on a 5-min walk and could almost guarantee to find one for them. Like the lady and her son yesterday, they had a gator 2-feet from their toes and had no clue. I go by the belief, if there’s water anywhere here, there’s likely a gator in it … even a drainage ditch or retention pond. When I drive anywhere near a lake, I have one eye on the road and the other on the lake. I never tire of seeing them.

This guy today is a good 7-footer, possibly 8 … pretty average. Here I am scratching her (acts like a female) neck! (Yeah, my finger is as big as the gator in this pic!)

She was obviously hanging out directly below me waiting for me to catch something! Here are a couple shots from right above her.

Florida sure has some pretty, natural lakes. Oklawaha up in Ocala was one of my favorite camping/fishing haunts back n the day.
    Hopefully its still primitive there. Beautiful place.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I haven’t been up there in a bazillion years P-hole. We used to camp along the Oklawaha River in Scouts back in the day.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Looks like a great spot, Thump. Wish I was camped next to you.

I’m sure we’d have fun Johnboy! Like old times!

But, as for beauty out in the bush, there are VERY few places that could compete with your neck of the woods.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Deppity, you wouldn’t believe how many times I hear that. I remember the first time I went to Ohio to deer hunt with my soon to become, lifetime hunting partner. I went up a few days before season and we ran around running errands, plus preparing for the hunt. I couldn’t tell you how many times we’d be driving and he’d hit the brakes and holler “DEER”. I’d see him looking out across a field and I wouldn’t see a danged thing! He’d describe where they are and I’d eventually spot them. Without him, I’d have returned home saying I’ve never seen a deer up there.

I’ve known people who’ve lived here all their lives and have never seen a gator in the wild, but I could tell them I could take them on a 5-min walk and could almost guarantee to find one for them. Like the lady and her son yesterday, they had a gator 2-feet from their toes and had no clue. I go by the belief, if there’s water anywhere here, there’s likely a gator in it … even a drainage ditch or retention pond. When I drive anywhere near a lake, I have one eye on the road and the other on the lake. I never tire of seeing them.

This guy today is a good 7-footer, possibly 8 … pretty average. Here I am scratching her (acts like a female) neck! (Yeah, my finger is as big as the gator in this pic!)

Same here, I could take anyone on a 10-15 minute drive and show them deer and turkeys, but like you said, you have to know what you’re looking for.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

My neck of the woods is gorgeous. Unfortunately a lot of people discovered that during the last few years of limited travel. Almost impossible to find a camping spot on the Island now. Busy, busy.

That’s pretty well the norm everywhere now John. During Covid, nobody could travel, so they bought campers. The industry couldn’t keep up with orders, plus they had to fight the loss of workers to Covid, so these dang things are bringing a premium as far as pricing goes. Then, if you DO pull the trigger and decide to pay their ridiculous asking prices, you have to wait two years before you can get one. I’m a little worried about the bubble bursting somewhere down the road and ending upside down with my unit’s value, but the prices just keep on climbing. I guess I should be glad about it as it only increases the value of my unit.

Been waiting for the bubble to burst myownself. No chance in the near term it seems. Gonna go see a man tomorrow about this LTV he has for sale. Will be sure to take some lube with me to ease the transaction.

Good luck Johnboy! Those LTV’s are quality units and really hold their value. The diesel Sprinter chassis also adds to the desirability and minimizes depreciation. They hold their value MUCH better than a gasser. It’ll be interesting to see if that changes any with the EcoBoost, but I kind of doubt it. I think you’ll do fine if you go the diesel route, especially with future resale. Make sure you ask the seller what services he’s had done. If it’s due, or close, for a B-service, you can bank on a $1000 (US) expense right out of the gate. Some ridiculous dealers are quoting $2000-$2500! Service records are IMPORTANT on a diesel Sprinter. Even an A-service can set you back a bunch.

‘beauty in the bush’

And Thumper let that go right by.

The boy is slippin.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I’m getting forgetful in my old age.

Warming up the grill to scorch a couple of New York strips, then gonna throw a movie in the DVD player to wind up another day. I could get used to this.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    That looks like a great spot to camp and quite relaxing to boot.

Don’t know what your sky view is but there is an awesome full moon this week. Makes me want to night troll!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Yessir Barry Bob, nothing but clear skies here and the moon over the lake has been incredible. This is what I wake up to every morning.

I dragged my ol’ cane pole out this morning and about 5-mins. after my bobber hit the water, my new fishing buddy showed up again. He’s been pretty good company so far and has been minding his manners. (He’s on the far left in the lily pads, keeping an eye on my bobber. I guess he’s waiting for me to catch breakfast!)

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Just noticed there's a gator in the first pic too

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I think that may be a couple of Crocs…

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I’m surrounded by smart-asses.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    That really does look like a great place to unwind. Catch some good ones buddy.