Thread: Rat bastards!

Angry Rat bastards!

All of a sudden my email and phone texts went wild! I guess somebody hacked into my email and scanned all the places I shop. I received a text alert that somebody was trying to change my Amazon password. Hmmmm, wasn't me. I received a note from eBay about a major purchase ... I checked and there was an iPad, an iPhone 12, a bunch of clothes and 2 smart tv's in my shopping cart to the tune of $2900.00! Then, shortly after that, I received a text there'd been a $337 on-line purchase at Sam's Club, then as I was on the phone with the AmEx Fraud Dept, another text came in that there was an additional $395 on-line purchase at Sam's Club. AmEx said they'd sent me a "possible fraud alert" via email and I verified the purchase was legit (wasn't me!). I had nothing from AmEx in my eMail and the fraud dept. told me they're in my email account and verified the purchase, then deleted the email, so that's why I wasn't seeing it. Pretty slick. What they didn't know is I get alerts sent to my email as well as texted to my phone, so the phone texts are what alerted me. Luckily, Ebay's system recognized the attempted purchase as fraudulent and blocked it. I guess Amazon did the same with the attempted password change and AmEx also threw up the red flags even though "someone" verified the charges were legit.

AmEx informed me I needed to change my email password immediately and they're sending a new card to Lynn's mom's address in L.A. It's supposed to arrive Saturday so I'll have it for our return trip home. Of course, Lynn's card is still good, so it wouldn't have been a major problem. Probably 95% of my bills are on auto-pay through AmEx, but they said they'd notify all the merchants of the updated card number, so I don't have to go through that hassle.

I hate f'ing, thieving a-holes!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    the hardest part for me was having to go into all my auto pays such as utilities and whatnot and put in the new card number especially since I had forgotten half my user names and passwords
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I guess ilovecats123 wasn’t as hard to guess as you thought it would be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That does suck though. Lots of work getting things switched over to the new card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk