Thread: New undertaking

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar

New undertaking

My wife and I have decided to host a foreign exchange student for the upcoming school year. We have some acquaintances that have hosted in the past and we had thought about doing it for quite awhile.

We decided that the time was right and are waiting on final confirmation on the student we will be hosting.

My daughter is going to be a senior in high school this year and my son is in middle school so they are excited about the idea and we thought it would be an amazing experience for them as well.

We are waiting on the final word but we are tentatively planning on hosting a student from Germany.

I hope it all goes well and it is a great experience for everyone involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Pretty cool. Hope the experience is fantastic

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    That’s pretty cool and I think you’ll enjoy it. We did a student “exchange” when my oldest was in high school where he spent two weeks in Germany over the summer (school there was in session) and then the German kid spent two weeks here in the fall. Great program and experience. My son actually went back and visited on his own for a couple of weeks the following year and they’ve been friends ever since.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    just don't get a six foot good looking blond female or there might be trouble in the camp from multiple directions......................ax Carny about the Au paire experiment
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar

New undertaking

Well, this one is only going to be about 16 so nothing like that will happen. I thought about the Carny “incident” when I posted this.

She is going to be here for the entire school year, so she will be arriving in the next couple of weeks and will be here until June.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    As CD said, these types of things can make for lifelong connections...hoping you have a great experience with this.