During this trip to L. A, I took a couple days off for “personal time” and visited a couple of old friends.

I met up with my old buddy from my dirt racing days. He was one of my mechanics at the Hollywood Cadillac dealer, but was also a close friend and my motorcycle racing teammate. Man-o-man, we started talking and reminiscing about the old racing days, everything from the old Barstow to Vegas races, to our many races in California, Nevada and Arizona, as well as a ton of races in Baja Mexico … Ensenada, Rosarito, etc. We met for an early dinner, closed the place down and ended up at the house to continue talking. Once we realized it was 3:00 am and we both had things to do the next day, we called it quits. Once home, I realized I forgot to take pics.

Another day, I met up with my old buddy Bill (Willy) Stroppe and again started reminiscing about our off-road racing days (trucks). Again, it was difficult to find a good time to end the visit, but eventually, we had to shut 'er down until next time. This time, although we’d finished breakfast and the waiter had pretty much cleared the table, I remembered to grab a quick pic.

I doubt anyone here is interested, but here’s a history on the very famous Stroppe legacy (link attached). Willy is my age and says he’s planning to run the Baja 1000 this year. Man, I miss those days and sure wish I could be there with him. At least I have the memories from the really crazy times of our earlier years! I couldn’t come close to counting the times I woke up on his sofa!

https://ormhof.org/bill-stroppe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk