Thread: Sitting on my

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

Sitting on my

Front porch this morning watching a guy rake and bale a hayfield adjoining my yard and it made me think about farming before mechanical balers that had to cut by hand and feed their stock with a pitchfork. In spite of all the stupidity going on around us, we still live in the easiest most prosperous time in history.

8915D3DB-5CFA-4C13-A378-583A2E2E7DEA.jpg

I can remember grandma’s outhouse with a slop jar under the bed for nighttime emergencies. I remember when the fire place and wood burning stove was the only source of heat in the winter. Straining coffee grounds thru a homemade strainer into your cup, drawing water from a well and heated on a stove to bathe from the porcelain dishpan grandpa shaved out of. Listening to the Astro’s on an old am radio at night. Only wealthy folks had air and you had to change channels by hand. Rifle racks in your truck on school property and nobody thought anything about it.

I guess I’m just waxing nostalgic because I just got my official curmudgeon license today and I long for a simpler more innocent time that is gone and can’t be retrieved.
    Last edited by quercus alba; 08-08-2022 at 06:43 PM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein