… if I worked my ass off to put myself through college … or if my parents worked and saved for years and sacrificed to put my ass through college … why can’t I/they get reimbursed? Isn’t one of the main goals, of a degree, to be able to command a higher salary after entering the workforce? Then why shouldn’t one use that “extra” salary to pay their debts? So, explain to me why one who could not afford a college education and had to enter the workforce at a lower pay grade, deserves to be fucked in the ass? What’s REALLY ironic about this f’ing bullshit is that the common working man with no degree is working and paying taxes so HIS tax money can be handed out to those who borrowed money and feel like they over extended themselves. They get their loans forgiven so they can command higher wages than the working man who put them through school. WTF am I missing here? How ‘bout we use this money to improve our TEACHER’S salaries? Or heck, pay off my motorhome because it’s really tough for me to make those payments! This is so f’d up I could spit! To me, this whole deal reeks of “buying votes” with MY money!