Thread: CFB week 2

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

CFB week 2

9-4 last week, 19-5 YTD (79.1%) If there is a particular game of interest if you'll let me know.

1) Alabama at Texas: I think Texas moves the ball better than expected against Bama's defense. There's been a sharp decline at Alabama in recent years at shutting down opponents. The Tide still rolls 41-28.

2) South Carolina at Arkansas: I ordinarily would pick SC by about sixty but I think my wife has driven me totally insane. Spenser Rattler had the lowest QBR in the SEC last weekend but Arkansas has the cure for that. Hogs 34-27

3) Missouri at Kansas State: Okay Omber let's see what your boys have got. I'm seriously considering calling the upset here.....Heck, I think I will.
    Mizzou 31-30

4) Charleston Southern at NC State: Alright Hank, we'll say last week was an anomaly but you still need to show me. Pack 30-17

5) Appalachian State at Texas A&M: I'd pay a hundred bucks to see the Faggies and their male cheerleaders get beat but I don't think it'll that will happen. A&M 34-21 but App St's pep squad beats up A&M's cheerleaders after the game.

6) Tennessee at Pitt: I hate the Vols but I think they get more stops than Pitt. Tenn 41-38

7) Washington State at Wisconsin: Ho hum my obligatory Pac 10/12/14 game. Badgers burrow out a win 35-20

8) Houston at Texas Tech: Tech lost their QB last week but they'll cheat the Coogs bad enough to keep it close. Houston 29-27

9) Iowa State at Iowa: The Hawkeyes offense was absolutely coma inducing last week. I look for that to improve this week as they get two field goals, a safety and run back a blocked extra point. Hawkeyes 10-6

10) Indiana State at Purdue: I wouldn't even list this game if I wasn't afraid that DD would come tase me if I didn't. Purdue 45-17

11) Kent State at Oklahoma: Sooners back off sooner rather than later. Oklahoma 55-10

12) Kentucky at Florida: The Wildcats get 400 yds of offense and 600 yds in penalties. Mark Stoops gets tossed for targeting on the first play of the second half. Gators still fall 13-12

13) Baylor at BYU. This is a prime upset pick, that's why I'm going with Baylor 27-26
    Last edited by quercus alba; 09-06-2022 at 08:50 PM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Can’t wait!

I see your drinking the Drinkwitz koolaide. Not so fast!

You’re getting it about the cheating that goes on in Lubbock. Must be the gal in tight britches on the horse.

Baptists will prevail o’er the LDS’s.

Have I defaced your post enough?

Glad foosball is back!

BKB

Iowa State gonna smoke the Hawkeyes.
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    If State doesn’t hang 60 on Charleston Southern, it’s gonna be a long season. The Pack needs to show the world something. I think the Aggies will show just how bad UNC is by spanking Happy Appy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

The ACC is looking sporty early. The Atlantic part anyway. I don’t know if North Carolinashould be allowed to call that a victory.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Get a load of Florida. They jumped from unranked to 12th after beating Utah.

How are these polls supposed to have any credibility with this crap going on?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    The ACC is looking sporty early. The Atlantic part anyway. I don’t know if North Carolinashould be allowed to call that a victory.

BKB
    2-0 against lesser competition but giving up 42 points a game is not a recipe for long term success.

lol Domers getting beat by Marshall late. Boo hoo.

Bkb
    Viva Renaldo!

Probably drop them all the way to 7th or 8th
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

And the Aggots down to App State by three with a little over two mins.

Maybe that Jimbo Fischer optimism was a tad hyped?

BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Another pretender bites the dust.......I love it bring on the playoff chaos
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    Probably drop them all the way to 7th or 8th
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    If State doesn’t hang 60 on Charleston Southern, it’s gonna be a long season. The Pack needs to show the world something. I think the Aggies will show just how bad UNC is by spanking Happy Appy.

.500 for me today. But, at least it was the right half!

I made the mistake of reading the newest polls this morning. I knew better. Its too dang early. But it gives you an idea of the level of dumbassery there is in college football ranking. For example: Unranked Texas lost to Alabama, and yet moved up to be ranked 21st in the polls. Alabama, which beat an unranked team by only one, dropped only one spot to #2. And if anyone watched the game, Texas actually lost on a bogus missed safety call or it would been a Texas win by one. And the ref stood threefeet away and missed the call. Actually called a roughing penalty on Texas. How do you rough a passer when he’s down with the ball? Alabama also got away with a horrible missed holding call on their winning drive for a field goal. How does that get missed? They guy almost ripped his jersey off. And I hate texas. But that ain’t right.

Anyways, the Hogs are in the top ten. So is Kentucky. The Wofpack is 16th. BYU is 12th. And the Domers are out of the top 25. The Aggies managed to stayed ranked at 24th.

Ready for week 3!
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Looks like a bit of a weak slate of games this week with many of the top teams playing down a bit. I guess that’s to sort things out before the co Terence games kick into gear more.

We get Bernaski at their place this week. Which means they will play the game of their lives after losing Frost to show their cornholer pride.

Its a trap!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I need a weak slate as poorly as I did this past week. I'll pick everyone's favorites plus a few of the more interesting matchups
    Albert Einstein

CFB week 2

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    I need a weak slate as poorly as I did this past week. I'll pick everyone's favorites plus a few of the more interesting matchups
    I don’t know anything about Texas Tech and am looking forward to your insight. I do know that State wasn’t nearly as good on the road as they were at home last year and am hoping that the ECU game isn’t an indication of a repeat issue.

D’oh! I didn’t even realize it was a home game.