…. but figured I’d check in here. After a few days at the Winnebago factory in Forest City, Iowa, we headed north. But not before going on a tour of the plant. I’ll have to say, it was very impressive. Forest City is a small town, typical of small town USA, and a huge employment opportunity for the whole town. EVERYONE either works for Winnebago, has worked for Winnebago or has family members who work or have worked there. The people in town are extremely friendly and the whole stay was pleasurable.

Yesterday we spent the night on a small lake which was fed by a stream meandering through the camping area. I just now realized, I forgot to take ANY pics!

This morning we again headed farther north and stopped for the night at a nice, very clean and quiet campground on the Mississippi River. My notes are in the camper, so right now, I can’t even tell you where we are, only that we’re someplace on the river in Minnesota! Again, nice, quiet, clean little campground. We weren’t fortunate enough to snag a waterfront site, but are only 3-4 spots off the water. About a 1-min. walk, if that.

This huge piece of property has been owned by the same guy since 1946 and he carved this little campground out of the heavily wooded property with his own hands. It’s very isolated and so quiet you could hear a pin drop. He built a very large deck out over the water and that’s where I am right now. I’ve been sitting here over an hour and so far, have not seen one boat on the water. Just a little slice of heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk