We've been planning for a couple of years to move out of Washington state. After 10 years it seems time for a move, and with both kids out the timing is right. A week ago we decided to put the house on the market and I'm happy to say it sold in two days.

I would say there's both a bit of regret and excitement. The house we sold was my favorite that I have ever lived in. The sunsets off the deck, looking down the golf course, and a view of the mountains all made it a special place. You can see some of the views here:

https://www.compass.com/listing/3513...2202759127961/

With that said we were pretty done with 8-9 months of rain, escalating taxes an in general just ready for a change. So, what's next? Over the next two weeks we'll pack up and move to Gilbert, AZ. A few highlights: We'll once again have a pool, the weather is better and we'll only. be 20 minutes from our youngest who's attending ASU.

Overall we're very happy with our move to Washington 10 years ago. It gave the kids some great experiences, and opened up some job opportunities for me. One of the biggest upside and downside was the fact we had no other family here. On a positive note we became much closer as an immediate family. You have to rely on each other, and holiday's such as Thanksgiving become a very special family event. On a downside we really miss our family and miss out on some key times, like younger family members firsts.